You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 2:16pm

ASW installation weights

Help me out here. Trying to tally up different weapon installations for reference purposes, but I can't find data on everything.

Hedgehog: 1x24 or 2x12 spigot mortar. 13 t quoted for "Dual installation plus six reloads". Heavy recoil, so not usable on stuff smaller than corvettes.

Trainable Hedgehog: 1x24 in trainable mount. 8 t each

Parsnip: Apparently a 2x10 variant of Hedgehog, according to Navweaps. Weight = ?

Mousetrap: 1x4 or 1x8 rocket launcher. Weight = ?

Alpha: 1x1 Rocket-launcher gun. Weight = 24 t for launcher, plus 17 t for 72 rounds.

Squid: 1x3 or 2x3 mortar. Weight = ?

Limbo: 1x3 mortar, trainable/auto-load. 35 t with 17 salvoes

Friday, May 9th 2014, 4:10pm

I'll dig out some figures for the British stuff over the weekend.

Saturday, May 24th 2014, 5:08pm

I looked into some ASW stuff when I was simming the Kikuchi class over a year ago. Besides the figures you have given I found back then that 'Reliable' Wiki gives a weight of 10 tons for the Squid mortar with 200 kg as projectile weight (although the text quotes Navweaps and uses 177 kg instead of 200 kg; just shows how reliable wiki is). For simplicty, I would stick to the higher number for easy calculations and think of 1 ton being a metric ton. This will give you exactly 5 projectiles for each ton of miscellaneous weight.

So for now I would say 1 squid mortar = 10 tons, 20 tons for a pair. Ammunition 5 projectiles/ton.