You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 6:50pm

Quoted

And who knows, what decisions the Chinese military made if it stands with his back against the wall.
Well, Japan is already ready to use R-47 gas and probably would throw in the new experimental GX3 gas as well just to see what it does. :rolleyes:

Quoted

I doubt that Japan will bring it's big ships an area of chinese air superiority. We have seen in OTL what happened to Battleships in an air attack. I only say two words .... Prince of Wales and Repulse.
I don't think that the Prince of Wales and Repulse had 885 carrier fighters (+ whatever fighters from land bases) available to them when they were attacked by the Japanese...

Quoted

These carriers are a great target for chinese submarines
These submarines are great targets for Japan's +300 ASW ships. :D

Quoted

Above all, it would be much easier and of course safer for Japan to deploy all these fighters directly on Jeju-Do and not on the carriers.
Doing that decreases the chances of the Chinese taking Jeju-Do even more. I don't think an attempt of capturing Jeju-Do will be a very bloody success. It will end up being a very bloody failure (and casualties may include those who came up with the plan to capture it).

Quoted

Even if the Chinese fighters / interceptors are not the most modern, so they are very numerous. And the other problem for the japanese air force will be not only the lost of the aircrafts, much more important is the lost of the crews. Chinese airmen bail out over friendly territory but the japanese not.
The few Japanese radar systems that China has, have their limits as well and a lot of Chinese targets are along the coastline so by the time the Chinese pick up the bombers on Radar and move fighters to intercept, the bombers will already be dropping their bombs. Because a lot of targets are along the coast, it means that when a Japanese crew needs to bail out, it is more likely that they will bail out over water which would increase their chances of getting rescued by sub.

Quoted

Weight-wise you may be right, what about shootings ..... mechanical malfunctions ..... and and and .... with 27 bombers / day i would give you only some sorties before you will stop it or better say you must stop it because all your aircrafts are gone.
It was just an example to indicate what the G10N could do during that time period of the war and to indicate how few operational G10N bombers are needed to achieve that (though as mentioned below I should have used 'per mission' instead of 'per day'). I'm not saying that there are 27 G10N bombers. There will be a lot more than that around.

Like I said, China has no interceptors that can get to the G10Ns and it has no AA guns that can shoot them down so no need to worry about shootings. The only problems to worry about are mechanical and pilot error. Designing and developing something that can takes time.

Quoted

I'm basing that opinion on the Chinese and Japanese encyclopedias and your various news posts
While that is true, I think looking at the quarterly reports might give some indication as well. While we do not look at Air Force and Army construction with the Wesworld reports, I would think that they could sort of indicate as to the capabilities of building AF and Army stuff...

China vs Japan: 11,000 tons vs 27,000 tons

Looking at that, one would say that Japan would be able to build more army and air force stuff than China even if China were to go to wartime production.

Quoted

I don't agree that 27 bombers a day (highly unlikely to have all of them making two sorties a day given the ranges flown, maintenance required, crew availability etc.) can drop the same amount or more as mass RAF raids or have as much impact.
Yes, I realize should have said 'per attack' (so the 27 bombers of the 2nd attack don't have to be the same ones as those of the 1st attack). But it was more an example than what could be done. Remember that it assumese that the bombing starts the moment that the Sino-Chosen war starts (which in 'reality' is not the case).

Still, considering the bomber's range and speed as well as the 'short' distance it has to fly to the targets (only about 1000-1500 km, so no need to stick to cruise speed), I think they could easily be back at base within 6 hours, leaving 6 hours for maintenance, rearming and refueling and the crew to get some rest (though I guess Hiropon pills will work as well for the crew). It may be optimistic, but not completely impossible.

As for the calculation: 27 operational bombers per mission dropping 20,000 kg bombs per bomber. 2 missions a day for 1225 days. 20,000x2x27x1225 = 1,323,000,000 kg = 1,323,000 tonnes. Wiki gives the amount the RAF dropped during WW2 as 1,307,000 tonnes. The effect will probably be a bit different, but you are still talking about 540,000 kg of bombs being dropped on targets by those bombers in one mission.

Quoted

speaking of, there is that Canadian freighter that exploded a while back, if anyone ever wants to deal with that...
From what I can remember of the news, the survivors are still waiting for the Canadian ships to arrive to pick them up...

... or did those ships end up as submarine dinner?

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 7:52pm

bla bla bla :D

I think it would be interesting to see all the japanese navy stuff sailing around the small island .... you can walk from China directly to Japan without getting wet foots ... thanks for building a bridge for chinese soldiers :D :D :D

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 8:09pm

Quoted

bla bla bla :D
Yeah, looking back at that post, that did end up way longer than I initially wanted. Sorry about that. And to think that I even deleted a few paragraphs before posting it... :)
I think it would be interesting to see all the japanese navy stuff sailing around the small island .... you can walk from China directly to Japan without getting wet foots ... thanks for building a bridge for chinese soldiers :D :D :D
Surprises me that you did not say that if each letter I typed was a 10 meter section of bridge, you'd have enough to make a bridge to get your troops to Japan. :D

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 8:15pm

Quoted

I'm basing that opinion on the Chinese and Japanese encyclopedias and your various news posts
While that is true, I think looking at the quarterly reports might give some indication as well. While we do not look at Air Force and Army construction with the Wesworld reports, I would think that they could sort of indicate as to the capabilities of building AF and Army stuff...

China vs Japan: 11,000 tons vs 27,000 tons

I do look at the sim reports as well - and in greater detail than just comparing pure numbers, as I try to evaluate quality as well as quantity. It might be instructive for me sometime to expound further on it with charts and graphs.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 8:27pm

Roo, why do you think the Chinese will use old japanese radar only? What makes you think you forces may not encounter equipment from abroad? Just curious...

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 9:17pm

Quoted

speaking of, there is that Canadian freighter that exploded a while back, if anyone ever wants to deal with that...
From what I can remember of the news, the survivors are still waiting for the Canadian ships to arrive to pick them up...

... or did those ships end up as submarine dinner?
I assume the survivors were picked up promptly, I've just been very busy with MAGFest and having H1N1. I'm more interested if there's going to be any reaction from the combatants and other regional powers.

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 9:53pm

I also think the players involved need to sit down and try and reach a consensus on how their war is going to play out. Having a rough timeline agreed upon by all is probably best if for no other reason than there is a backup in case someone goes AWOL.

Regarding China vs Japan. We can debate the merits of each all day, in the end neither can totally defeat the other and the only "winners" are all the powers in the Far East who aren't involved but watching gleefully from the sidelines as China loses its navy and Japan loses a generation in Korea. We can only hope China takes the Yamato's with her along with some carriers. :)

But don't let my analysis stop you. After all never interrupt your opponent when he is making a mistake. :)

Tuesday, March 11th 2014, 11:36pm

I'd suggest focusing on the period up to December 1944 first, to catch up with the sim - then work on 1945 onward as we all move forward.

The rest of us don't require a full history, we just need you caught up to the rest of us. So long you can keep up with us moving forward, there is no need for a set script or timeline moving forward, and I'd actually encourage you to let the war develop organically based on interaction with the rest of the playerbase.

Thirded.

I think you will find that there are as many opinions about "how you should write and script a war" as there are players in Wesworld. My advice is to follow whatever works best for you and allows you to keep pace with the rest of us.

While we have been critical on some things here, there are some things that I want to take another opportunity to praise. The Chosen weekly casualty reports are an outstanding idea, and one that I'd use myself if I ever get to script a war of any length. You also provide very nice maps.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 12:49am

Thanks.

I thought of abandoning the weekly reports and instead do monthly reports. This would speed it up to some degree and would leave me more time to write on other stuff.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 1:43am

I agree.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 3:43am

I think you guys should do two things. One a quarterly summary report for overall consumption, something that keeps up with our own Q reports and gives everyone a chance to weigh in and respond to events, two say a much more detailed biweekly report like you have been doing so far. The biweekly reports could lag behind the quarterly ones, and would be mainly as flavor. That way the sim isn't slowed down, but the details and news arent lost either.

Also since Japan, and maybe Mexico will become more involved, perhaps a closed board so the participants can discuss the war without having to use PMs, such was done with the South American War?

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 3:45pm

Also since Japan, and maybe Mexico will become more involved, perhaps a closed board so the participants can discuss the war without having to use PMs, such was done with the South American War?

This can be done. I'll open one up in a bit.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 3:56pm

I added one. Daidalos, Foxy, Walter, Parador - you all should be able to get into the folder and make threads. Please post in there and confirm that you have the capability.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 4:13pm

For me it works. Thanks !!!!

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 4:35pm

But it seems to work for me too, which I do not think should be the case.

8|

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 4:42pm

It means Germany's at war. Sorry, dude.

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 4:45pm

It means Germany's at war. Sorry, dude.

You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 4:45pm

Or the German "Abwehr" is better than expected :D

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 5:01pm

The CIA must be good as well because I too can access it. Or the US is joining the war fighting both Japan and China and I didn't know it. :)

Wednesday, March 12th 2014, 5:01pm

It works for me, thanks.