You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 1:03pm

Wake me when it's 1945

At its current pace, the Korean war will take more than a year of real-time to catch up with those of us who've posted to 1945.

My plans for that time-frame are:

-Possibly one Bharati news posting.

-A regional map upating Bharati borders and naval bases

-Use available data to recreate Iberian ship classes presently missing from the encyclopedia (mainly destroyers)

Any other suggestions? Otherwise, I'll probably be off doing other stuff.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 1:17pm

Would it help if I post a detailed timeline of the war until mid 1945?

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 1:35pm

Depends on what you mean.

If you're offering to advance the narrative to 1945, and resume your more detailed posting there, I'd be okay with that. Although others closer to the action might take issue with it.

If you're proposing to post the outline for information purposes, while continuing the 1944 detailed reports, I'm not sure I see the value.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 1:42pm

Okay.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 1:55pm

RE: Wake me when it's 1945

At its current pace, the Korean war will take more than a year of real-time to catch up with those of us who've posted to 1945.

-Use available data to recreate Iberian ship classes presently missing from the encyclopedia (mainly destroyers)

Well, there is always the possibility of Iberian news.

There is the Bharati-sponsored Storm Exercise.

There is a lot of potential detail for Bharat or Iberia to be fleshed out, if that is your desire.

But I feel your frustration with the situation surrounding the conflict in Korea.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:03pm

There is the stormex, true.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:07pm

RE: RE: Wake me when it's 1945

Would it be less frustrating if we jump to 1945? The conflict would still progressing as slow as it is now. I think I don't really understand the problem.

Well, there is always the possibility of Iberian news.

There is the Bharati-sponsored Storm Exercise.

There is a lot of potential detail for Bharat or Iberia to be fleshed out, if that is your desire.

But I feel your frustration with the situation surrounding the conflict in Korea.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:20pm

What would matter to us would be what happens in the conflict between its current date and 1945, and how any such actions would impact the rest of the world.

Such as:
  • Four quarters worth of sim reports
  • Potential naval losses
  • Impact of Japanese intervention
  • Widening scale of the war

These are all questions of importance to some of us, the answers to which would impact what we choose to do for our countries. It is extremely annoying to have them unanswered.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:23pm

What would matter to us would be what happens in the conflict between its current date and 1945, and how any such actions would impact the rest of the world.

Such as:
  • Four quarters worth of sim reports
  • Potential naval losses
  • Impact of Japanese intervention
  • Widening scale of the war

These are all questions of importance to some of us, the answers to which would impact what we choose to do for our countries. It is extremely annoying to have them unanswered.
That's what I offered to provide a few posts ago.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:28pm

Indeed, short of a total Japanese commitment or Chosen laying down another million lives, I can't see a January 1945 without Chinese troops at the southern shores of Chosen.
How much of this stuff is planned and scripted and how much is written off the cuff?

As much as a time-warp forward a year seems unsatisfactory to explain losses and what happens, not catching up and ending up perhaps two sim years behind the rest of us would have even more impacts. As it is the sim is getting rather low on activity with several players awol or not posting due to real-life events. If folks start going into hibernation its going to be like a ghost town around here.
So perhaps a detailed timeline of events in 1944 would help and you could expand particular points etc. as you have been doing.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 2:46pm

Indeed, short of a total Japanese commitment or Chosen laying down another million lives, I can't see a January 1945 without Chinese troops at the southern shores of Chosen.
How much of this stuff is planned and scripted and how much is written off the cuff?

As much as a time-warp forward a year seems unsatisfactory to explain losses and what happens, not catching up and ending up perhaps two sim years behind the rest of us would have even more impacts. As it is the sim is getting rather low on activity with several players awol or not posting due to real-life events. If folks start going into hibernation its going to be like a ghost town around here.
So perhaps a detailed timeline of events in 1944 would help and you could expand particular points etc. as you have been doing.
I still have a problems to understand why falling behind two sim years would be such a big deal...

Furthermore I can't see how the slow progress of the korean conflict is causing inactivity. I think quite the opposite is true. I don't remeber a time since I signed up for wesworld that the board has seen more activity than now. The amount of people who were involved in actual role playing stuff was always limited to a few.

I will provide a more or less detailed timeline regarding the conflict as soon as possible.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 4:49pm

That would be satisfactory to me as well.

I'm in a bit of the same boat as Rocky. The moment it became clear that a major regional war had started over a year in the past from where the majority of us already had reached, my motivation to post new items largely evaporated. I noticed a similar issue with most of the people who have traditionally been driving the pace of the sim. I will tell you bluntly that there's been at least one discussion amongst the moderators that we issue a deadline for you guys to either catch up to the rest of us, finish the war, or transpose all your 1943 dates to 1944 so that we are all on the same page. No decision was ever made, but that gives you an understanding of what many other players feel.

There is the stormex, true.

Please! I'm very interested to see how that all turns out.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 6:50pm

I still have a problems to understand why falling behind two sim years would be such a big deal...

Furthermore I can't see how the slow progress of the korean conflict is causing inactivity. I think quite the opposite is true. I don't remeber a time since I signed up for wesworld that the board has seen more activity than now. The amount of people who were involved in actual role playing stuff was always limited to a few.

I will provide a more or less detailed timeline regarding the conflict as soon as possible.
Considering this is an interactive simulation, it's near impossible for the rest of us to interact with what you're doing, when you're so far behind the rest of us. We cannot react or otherwise engage with you, substantively, because our major news and game mechanics (industrial production) are already posted and done.

You still have not reached a point where the rest of the sim was at when you started your war. Everything related to it is all retcon and rewrite for the rest for of the sim, and it is not fair to them.

You continually force us to either rewrite established news, history,
and game mechanics, or we have to ignore you until you catch up to the
rest of us, something you show no evidence of accomplishing.

Saturday, March 1st 2014, 6:54pm

Well said Ping, well said.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, March 5th 2014, 8:29pm

If you nothing to do...

Hey, if some of you need something interesting to do - why don't you run an update of the Polish Reports? :P

Wednesday, March 5th 2014, 8:49pm

I suppose I could update the SAE reports for you...

*Pencils in big grants to Bharat*

Wednesday, March 5th 2014, 11:29pm

Polish sim reports or the Polish Reports I was doing? I haven't given up the latter yet, they are merely on hiatus until the US is caught up. Plus I'm going to need to delete some posts to update what's already been posted due to the word count limit so I plan on going to a different format on posting order.