You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, March 29th 2014, 10:22am

Argentina tends to keep a neat balance between German, Italian and British equipment.
Germany for artillery and rifles, Italy for light AA and tanks and Britain for trucks etc. and sub-machine guns. It makes a nice mix. I like being able to pick 'n' mix in a way as the British player I cannot.

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 8:18pm

Now while investigating about Peruvian Military Industry I discovered three companies

FAME (Fábrica de Armamento y Munición del Ejército)
SIMA (Servicios Industriales de la Marina)
CEDEP (Centro de Desarrollo de Proyectos)
Diseños Casanave SAC

Taking out Diseños Casanave that is a private company we have left FAME and SIMA

FAME existance in Wesworld might not be necessary beyond the production of new ammunition for the Peruvian Army but small arms and weapons designs are not out of the window

SIMA is already existant in Wesworld Peru as Peru build their own ships. Back to SIMA apart from building ships they also develop small arms like pistols (MGP-15), submachineguns (MGP-84) and rifles (FAD Rifle, probably will never get out of prototype fase).

CEDEP isn't a company per-se but they are the one that are currently developing a new radar for the peruvian armed forces and if created in Wesworld Peru they might be the ones that develop the Radars and Sonars for the armed forces
Currently dealing with extremely heavy facts

Tuesday, April 1st 2014, 11:44pm

Not to be confused with Chile's arms manufacturer, FAMAE (Fábricas y Maestranzas del Ejército). ;)

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:00am

Not to be confused with Chile's arms manufacturer, FAMAE (Fábricas y Maestranzas del Ejército). ;)
YEP :D

Really here in Peru we are trying to start national military industry but either we only work on small things (uniforms and small arms) that we do good or big things (overhauls/upgrades/designs of armored vehicles) that go bad

so are they in Wesworld or not?

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:06am

Really here in Peru we are trying to start national military industry but either we only work on small things (uniforms and small arms) that we do good or big things (overhauls/upgrades/designs of armored vehicles) that go bad

so are they in Wesworld or not?

From everything I know about Peru in Wesworld, none of the companies you've named have ever appeared or been named. I do, however, think it's logical that SIMA was founded, however - perhaps even on its 1845 historical date.

What you say about "big things that go bad" seems to be true in Wesworld, too. So far Peru has founded three different companies to manufacture local aircraft, and yet - to the best of my knowledge - not a single aircraft has been produced... (If SIMA exists, it's at least ahead of the game in that it's produced more products than companies intended to build them.)

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:20am

What you say about "big things that go bad" seems to be true in Wesworld, too. So far Peru has founded three different companies to manufacture local aircraft, and yet - to the best of my knowledge - not a single aircraft has been produced...
The companies could have started a prototype by 1941 and in 1944 the first aircrafts could be entering production what type is up to anybody

Quoted

If SIMA exists, it's at least ahead of the game in that it's produced more products than companies intended to build them.
?(

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:30am

What you say about "big things that go bad" seems to be true in Wesworld, too. So far Peru has founded three different companies to manufacture local aircraft, and yet - to the best of my knowledge - not a single aircraft has been produced...
The companies could have started a prototype by 1941 and in 1944 the first aircrafts could be entering production what type is up to anybody

Well, not exactly up to anybody...

Jefgte has the option of seeking to determine what has been done and proposing designs for peer review and comment. It is his decision on how to proceed.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:41am

The last company founded - the only one that MAY still exist at this point - was a subsidiary of a Danish manufacturer, and intended to produce Danish light trainer aircraft for the FAP. (No design capability was included, IIRC.) I'd have to hunt down the name.

Quoted

If SIMA exists, it's at least ahead of the game in that it's produced more products than companies intended to build them.
?(

It was intended as a joke, sorry.

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:44am

The last company founded - the only one that MAY still exist at this point - was a subsidiary of a Danish manufacturer, and intended to produce Danish light trainer aircraft for the FAP. (No design capability was included, IIRC.) I'd have to hunt down the name.

Found it. It's called "Aeronáutica Ayni",

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 12:52am

Well, not exactly up to anybody...

Jefgte has the option of seeking to determine what has been done and proposing designs for peer review and comment. It is his decision on how to proceed.
Whoops my bad ... but yeah he have the word

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 4:17pm

Right now, some of the major Peruvian Naval assets and most of the modern high preformace fighter aircraft are Italian, along with things related to such like Radar. Now most of this occurred before Italy pulled out of AEGIS, but Peru is still looking to buy Italian equipment (at least Naval and Air) so the cooperation is still in existence. The companies in question would be able to cooperate with Italian companies in there respective fields in addition to the partnerships that are open via the AEGIS members (whatever form that has taken at this point), should Jef decide they exist.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Wednesday, April 2nd 2014, 11:59pm

"Peruvian Militaria Industria" is not able to study, built complex & sophiticated material like new planes or new tanks.
But they are able to repair & made heavy transformations on the existing materials.
for ex: installation of a 120mm naval gun on a tank or fit light bombs on fighters.

Jef

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 12:06am

"Peruvian Militaria Industria" is not able to study, built complex & sophiticated material like new planes or new tanks.
But they are able to repair & made heavy transformations on the existing materials.
for ex: installation of a 120mm naval gun on a tank or fit light bombs on fighters.

Jef
what abouyt small arms development?

Thursday, April 3rd 2014, 1:59am

Quoted

what abouyt small arms development?
They could repair existing arms, made copies with licence of course.
But no studying new arm system (in 1944).

Jef

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 12:17am

Peruvian Army Strategic Disposition 3-1944

Military Region South

Army of Tacna
1 Heavy Armored Brigade
1 Infantry Brigade
1 Cavalry Brigade

Army of Moquegua
1 Heavy Armored Brigade
1 Infantry Brigade
1 Cavalry Brigade
1 Commando Battalion

Army of Puno
2 Mountain Infantry Brigades
1 Commando Battalion

Military Region Center

Army of Lima
1 Light Armored Brigade
1 Infantry Brigade
1 Cavalry Brigade
1 Commando Battalion

Military Region North

Army of Piura
1 Light Armored Brigade
1 Infantry Brigade
1 Cavalry Brigade

Military Region East

Army of Loreto (Iquitos)
2 Jungle Infantry Brigades
1 Commando Battalion

=>Wrote essentialy by Doorcf & minor details by Jef

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 8:21am

So what happened to the rest of the army?

I have a lot of skepticism regarding these "Commando Battalions". What sort of justification do you have for proposing these units in the numbers you cite?

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 2:36pm

Well I saw the last update numbers and we worked with that.

Last update said there where 8 infantry briades so now there are 4 infantry, 2 mountain infantry and 2 jungle infantry brigades.

In the case of the cavalry the 9 regiments could make 4 brigades also used here.

The 4 armored brigades where already planned since the start of the update.

The commando battalion If I get Jef's idea is to be fast hitting raider troops that they go behind enemy lines, destroy the objective and go out. The plan was to have 4 battalions to give more options and I chose battalion level because I thought a single company would to small to be effective.

It could change though so I would like help with the commandos.

Sorry for the wall of text but I'm answering this from my phone.

Edit: Fixed

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 5:54pm

The commando battalion If I get Jef's idea is to be fast hitting raider troops that they go behind enemy lines, destroy the objective and go out. The plan was to have 4 battalions to give more options and I chose battalion level because I thought a single company would to small to be effective. It could change though.

I'm not sold on the concept. I could perhaps accept two or three companies worth of parachute-trained light infantry, but four battalions of explicitly-named 'commandos' feels too much like hindsight.

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 6:25pm

I'm not sold on the concept. I could perhaps accept two or three companies worth of parachute-trained light infantry, but four battalions of explicitly-named 'commandos' feels too much like hindsight.
The thing is that they aren't airborne capable (for now I think) I'm thinking Jef's idea is more like an elite formations better trained and equipped than the rank-and-file but not as good as a true elite unit like the Chilean Paratroopers. But I accept that Multiple battalions would be to much.

Saturday, April 12th 2014, 8:07pm

The thing is that they aren't airborne capable (for now I think) I'm thinking Jef's idea is more like an elite formations better trained and equipped than the rank-and-file...

Actually, that sounds a bit more like a mix between Chile's 'Cazadores' platoons in the infantry battalions, and the reconnaissance battalions in the Panzergrenadier and Armoured Cavalry brigades. The term 'light infantry' might be a more appropriate and less-charged term for what you're attempting to convey.