You are not logged in.

Thursday, May 8th 2014, 11:50pm

Depends on the country.

For instance, Chile has everything controlled by the Air Force; France has almost everything controlled by the Air Force (only helicopters and light utility-liaison aircraft by the ALAT), and the US has everything controlled by the Army Air Force.

Italy is a really weird one, in that they have bombers controlled by the Army and fighters controlled by the Air Defense Force.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 12:16am

Italy is a really weird one, in that they have bombers controlled by the Army and fighters controlled by the Air Defense Force.

For a RL analog, look at the differences between the Soviet VVS and V-POV. Its not quite a black-&-white split of fighters and bombers.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Friday, May 9th 2014, 9:56am

Likewise in Britain everything is flown by the RAF or the Fleet Air Arm. I haven't really seen the need yet to create the Army Air Corps, and without WW2 type experience it probably won't happen in WW.

Netherlands and Belgium and Argentina also feature the same Air Force/ Navy split. I tend to feel that the existence of Army Air duplicates unnecessarily (on the assumption that the Air Force is sufficiently tactically minded).

Friday, May 9th 2014, 2:16pm

Netherlands and Belgium and Argentina also feature the same Air Force/ Navy split. I tend to feel that the existence of Army Air duplicates unnecessarily (on the assumption that the Air Force is sufficiently tactically minded).

Generally my presumption as well. France's ALAT (Army Light Aviation) is responsible solely for very basic tasks such as transporting army officers, and to a lesser extent conducting very basic tactical reconnaissance. While I'm sure some of the ALAT's aircraft may be armed, they're certainly not going to incorporate anything large enough to be useful for close air support; nor does ALAT have anything designed, for example, to transport paratroops or such.

Friday, May 9th 2014, 3:00pm

Peruvian Air Force & Armada are made for the defense of the territory.
They are assistance to the Army.
The GQG decide the affectation of forces to military regions.
Peruvian Air Force is essentially commanded by the Army.
Aircrafts on the Carriers are commanded by the Armada.

Jef

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:07am

Here is the list of the material bought or manufactured under licence by Peru:
1946 materials are actualy in project

Material List

Armada
8 Italian DDs Soldati class
1945Q1->Artigliere -> Artillero
1945Q1->Ascari -> Mercenario
1945Q1->Aviere -> Aviador
1945Q1->Bersagliere -> Tirador
1945Q2->Carabiniere -> Policia
1945Q3->Corazziere -> Cavaleria
1945Q3->Camicia Nera -> Camisa Negro => Milicia
1945Q3->Fuciliere -> Fusilero.
--
Ejercito
1944-Q3
25 Panzer IVF with long 7.5cm gun
1944-Q4
25 Sturmgeschutz III short 7.5cm gun
2 naval twin 203 mm guns installed as coastal defense
1945-Q1
25 Sturmgeschutz III short 7.5cm gun
2 naval twin 203 mm guns installed as coastal defense
1945-Q2
1945-Q3
8 naval130mm guns in blockaus
1945-Q4
8 naval 130mm guns in blockaus
1946Q1
1946Q2
1946Q3
50 Sd. Kfz. 251 (Germany)
50 149/40 mod. 35 (Italy)
1946Q4
200 Breda Uomo EP (Italy)
1,500+ MAR 38 (Italy) + possible license production in Peru
50 7,5 cm Panzerabwehrkanone 40 (Germany)

--
Fuerza Aerea del Peru
1945-Q2
50 Junker 87G with 2x3.7cm gun
For replacement of 44 old Paul Defiant
1946-Q4
16 Junkers Ju52 for 2 transport squadrons

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:25am

Hmm. If you are looking for 75mm PaK40s, we need to talk; if you are looking for Ju52s, you are going to have to look elsewhere. It has been out of production for several years and the Luftwaffe inventory has been scrapped...

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:31am

That's not a surprise.
We are not late, that's 1946 material projects...

Jef

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 12:37am

That's not a surprise.
We are not late, that's 1946 material projects...

Jef
Then I am confused... ;(

Saturday, May 31st 2014, 2:32am

Hmm. If you are looking for 75mm PaK40s, we need to talk; if you are looking for Ju52s, you are going to have to look elsewhere. It has been out of production for several years and the Luftwaffe inventory has been scrapped...
ANy other transfort Germany can provide? Peru is looking for 2 engine transport over 4 engine transports

Also sine the Czech weren't eaten by Germany do the Skoda 75 mm Model 1939 and the Skoda 105 mm Model 1939 still exist?
Currently dealing with extremely heavy facts

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 4:34pm

[Looks at the M45]

Ok this is bad

Bruce, can germany upgrade the Peruvian Panzer III to the historical Pz.Kpfw. III ausf. M variant? and also our panzer Iv to the Pz.Kpfw. IV ausf. H variant?

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:14pm

ANy other transfort Germany can provide? Peru is looking for 2 engine transport over 4 engine transports

Also sine the Czech weren't eaten by Germany do the Skoda 75 mm Model 1939 and the Skoda 105 mm Model 1939 still exist?

Sorry, missed this. Germany might be able to supply a small quantity of BV146 utility transports. As to the Skoda guns, I believe that they are available, but you would have to open negotiations with the Czechs (who are NPCs)

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:16pm

[Looks at the M45]

Ok this is bad

Bruce, can germany upgrade the Peruvian Panzer III to the historical Pz.Kpfw. III ausf. M variant? and also our panzer Iv to the Pz.Kpfw. IV ausf. H variant?

Can these vehicles be upgraded? This is certainly possible. Is Germany willing and able to do so? Unfortunately, not at this time.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:21pm

Sorry, missed this. Germany might be able to supply a small quantity of BV146 utility transports. As to the Skoda guns, I believe that they are available, but you would have to open negotiations with the Czechs (who are NPCs)

Meh no problem but ... How do I deal with NPCs? I just choose how much I want or I have to talk to a mod?

Quoted

Can these vehicles be upgraded? This is certainly possible. Is Germany willing and able to do so? Unfortunately, not at this time.

Ah snap! now I need to search for new options ... any idea?

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:29pm

Generally speaking, NPC nations are fairly accessible by player nations, but you should speak to Brockpaine on this matter.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:33pm

Ah snap! now I need to search for new options ... any idea?

Define new options.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:33pm

Generally speaking, NPC nations are fairly accessible by player nations, but you should speak to Brockpaine on this matter.
Ok, thanks

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:35pm

Meh no problem but ... How do I deal with NPCs? I just choose how much I want or I have to talk to a mod?

I've generally handled dealing with equipment and sales from NPCs. I'd have to check my notes on the Czechs to see if those artillery pieces are offered or not; though I'd think it's reasonable they would be. Any small order (say, 24-36 units or less) should be able to be met within two years of the order.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 5:56pm

I've generally handled dealing with equipment and sales from NPCs. I'd have to check my notes on the Czechs to see if those artillery pieces are offered or not; though I'd think it's reasonable they would be. Any small order (say, 24-36 units or less) should be able to be met within two years of the order.

Since both weapons in question are in the current Yugoslav artillery park I should think Peru can obtain quantities.

Thursday, June 5th 2014, 6:24pm

Reasonable.