You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 3:42am

How should I sim this?

The ship's got five turrets.

........... B sss X
.......A ddddddddd Y
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Z
..hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

At the moment, I'm simming it with three raised turrets, majority aft, with the freeboard break aft of them all. I think this is overly conservative and am wondering if I could get away with two raised turrets, majority aft. Whatcha think?

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 4:51am

Should Y be able to fire over Z? if yes, then I think you have it right. if no, then two rased is correct. All IMO of course.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 4:53am

Yes, X fires over Y and Y fires over Z.

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 10:27am

I think you've got it right. I would have the forecastle break ahead of Z though (though that might do funny things with the space calculations in SS?).

Saturday, January 4th 2014, 5:51pm

If you go for "ends (aft > fore)", it should indeed be 3 superfiring turrets.

Alternatively, if you have the weapon slots available, you can go for a 2 superfiring option like this:
a) Set the midbreak where it should be, between turrets Y and Z.
b) Sim 4 turrets using the 1st weapon slot and select "grouped forward" with two of them superfiring.
c) Sim 1 turret using the 2nd weapon slot and select "grouped aft".

Quoted

I would have the forecastle break ahead of Z though
Uhm... I don't think you want to use the forecastle break... Don't you mean midbreak?

Sunday, January 5th 2014, 11:14am

Uhm, yeah that's what I meant the midbreak but it would be the forecastle deck anyway rather than the upper deck, hence my confused response (though I've seen a Gravina design with a 40% forecastle and 50% midbreak!