You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 10:34am

Italian borders

Seeing the recent posts on the balkans I thought that i'd better post this is it is slightly different from historical. I really need to write some Italian history down. Here is some in breif;

-Italy unhappy with Versailles. she feels cheated as UK and France both promised her more territories in the balkans.

-Some Count(forgotten his name at the moment) takes matters into his own hands and invades Dalmatia and the coastal strip with a large part of the Italina army.

-Historically the count was pressured to withdraw. In AH he stays(which explains the less than cordial relations between Italy and just about everyone else)

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 11:46am

Gabriel D' Annunzio?

That's the name I recall.

A considerable poet, as well as an adventurer.

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 12:10pm

Quoted

Gabriel D' Annunzio?

I'll have to check but that name rings a bell somewhere.

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 2:21pm

*scratches head* So, basically, Italy has the coastline of OTL Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia (if you can call the latter's smidgen a coast...). But Yugo still has a small bit o' seafront. Not much, tho - good thing they didn't get a battleship. ;)

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 2:35pm

The area occupied in the Balkans happens to be where there is a majority Italian population instead of Slavs and Croats.

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 4:40pm

Personally I don't see a problem with that bit. It's only a small section. If no one else has a problem with it, I will make this minor adjustment on the map once I'm back.