You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, August 20th 2004, 3:24am

The map is not quite finished yet. There are a few minor details which I still have to change. But at least you guys have an idea how it looks.

Friday, August 20th 2004, 1:36pm

When it is complete I will simply edit this post.

Friday, August 20th 2004, 2:45pm

One catch

Newfoundland is shown as British, but Vinland is actually Nordmarkian (?) territory.

Friday, August 20th 2004, 2:52pm

That depends on wether or not peng makes his return to the SIM or not. Chalk this one down as one of the "minor details" that needs to be delt with.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, August 20th 2004, 5:35pm

Australia - shouldn´t it be colored like GB? It´s back into the Comonwealth after all...

However, nice map!

Friday, August 20th 2004, 5:49pm

Yes that is another one of those details.

HoOmAn

Friday, August 20th 2004, 5:53pm

Hey,

isn´t there anything more interesting in Canada than this board? ;o)

Greets,

HoOmAn

Friday, August 20th 2004, 5:58pm

I just got out of bed, so no not at the moment. :-)

Friday, August 20th 2004, 6:02pm

BTW South Africa's Bit in South America I kept spit up in three, calling it "Uruguay" (naturally), "South African Argentina" and "South African Brasil". Not sure if that was correct or if you wanted it to be 'one nation'. If it is the latter, than I'll have to change it as well.

HoOmAn

Friday, August 20th 2004, 7:57pm

Hmmm... I normally refer to it as "Uruguay". Never thought about individual districts. They could be called as you have it so leave it as is...

Friday, August 20th 2004, 8:12pm

Great, I know where I am in the world!!
Any chance of making it a little larger though???
It's not too easy to make out the smaller countries!

Friday, August 20th 2004, 10:52pm

If you save the pic, you should be able to magnify the pic when you look at it. I can't make it any larger because photobucket shrinks the pic slightly, and the file is already huge!

Friday, August 20th 2004, 11:07pm

From the resident techno-phobe, Thanks!!

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 12:01am

Quoted

If you save the pic, you should be able to magnify the pic when you look at it. I can't make it any larger because photobucket shrinks the pic slightly, and the file is already huge!

Is it possible to split the map in a left and right part for the details or are those bits too big as well?

Saturday, August 21st 2004, 4:12am

Australia

Quoted

Australia - shouldn´t it be colored like GB? It´s back into the Comonwealth after all...

Are you sure you want to do that, Dave? Temporal Investigations frowns on meddling with the timeline...

(Yes, I know I'm mixing sci-fi metaphors. I never metaphor I didn't like!)

Seriously - is the reversion of Australia a done deal, finished, over, terminated? I know the previous Aussie player turned 'em into a bit of a monster but maybe they could be re-started a la Greece and follow a more...reasonable course of development?

Monday, September 20th 2004, 6:27am

Well I think that this is an important thread thus by replying to it, I'll get it back on the first page.
:-)

Monday, September 20th 2004, 6:46am

Oh...I'm in such a little dot in europe...

I'll have to assemble my powerful army to take over Belgium and luxemburg!!!...

er...no, not really :D

Nice job on the map ;)

Monday, September 20th 2004, 6:58am

What use are Belgium and Luxemburg? :-)
One of the jokes we Dutch have on the Belgians is "Why didn't the Belgian fleet sail out of the harbor during the war?"
"Because there was no wind."
And Luxemburg doesn't have much shoreline.
Glad you like the work on the map, although a few things still have to be changed. Too bad that by shrinking the map, the faint borders of the nations that make up the Russian Federation are no longer visible.

Monday, September 20th 2004, 7:32am

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
What use are Belgium and Luxemburg? :-)
One of the jokes we Dutch have on the Belgians is "Why didn't the Belgian fleet sail out of the harbor during the war?"

I'll be more visible in the map that way!!! everyone will F34R the mighty dutch and tremble when they look at it!!!!!!!!!!

er...hum...I think it's about time to take my pills ;).

P.D....factories...Belgium may have no big fleet but it must have some factories...and even only 4-5 of them will make my life quite easier ;)