You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 16th 2013, 6:23pm

Board Update from 1.0.2 to 2.1

Hi there,

I'm a little late with the announcement :( but we will update the burning board software tomorrow from version 1.02 to version 2.1 :D

We have to do this because the current.. well old version (the last real update was a couple of years ago)... has almost no protection from spam accounts :(

I'll try to do the update tomorrow 2013-11-17 sometime in the afternoon (17:00 - 19:00 GMT+1).

Christian

Saturday, November 16th 2013, 6:24pm

*Thumbs up*

Saturday, November 16th 2013, 6:26pm

You would only be late with it if you had told us this after the update. :)

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 3:43am

Quite true Walter!

Many thanks Christian!

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 6:57pm

Looks like everything is working again :D

Please send me or HoOmAn a PM or just leave a reply if you run into any trouble with the new version of the board :)

Christian

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 11:14pm

Seems to work so far, although the eco green screen that greeted me caused me to freak out for a second. :D

I found it a bit funny that it did not like the 39.2 kb png file I tried to upload as avatar eventhough the max is 40. Ah well, the jpg version works.

I do miss the list of people on the site that was normally at the bottom. Makes it harder to spy on those who visit the site. :)

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 11:36pm

Walter, can you see the SATSUMA Group folder? I can see the ones for which I am a member but none of the others.

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 11:46pm

Yes, I can.

Sunday, November 17th 2013, 11:57pm

Then I guess it is by design. Does cut down on the confusion but eliminates the opportunities for speculating what your enemies neighbors are talking about. 8)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 12:05am

I cannot see either the NATO or Warsaw Pact folders.

Did the US and Romania get kicked out and I didn't know?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 12:21am

Guess the forum made that decision for your allies. :D

Probably a good thing for people to check to see if they have access to the proper boards.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 1:37am

I cannot see either the NATO or Warsaw Pact folders.

Did the US and Romania get kicked out and I didn't know?
Should be fixed now.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 3:10am

Yup, thanks

Monday, November 18th 2013, 5:03am

Well this looks very nice, thanks!
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Monday, November 18th 2013, 5:42am

There doesn't seem to be any option to see new threads like the old board. Instead you have to individually check each subforum.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, November 18th 2013, 7:43am

Hi Canis,

when I lock in I get a blue box on top of the forum asking me if I'd like to the the new posts since my last login. Doesn't this appear for you too?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 8:51am

Uuuuummmmmpppppp

a little bit strange .... but may be lovable :D

Is there a list of the people, who are online ? In the old version it was at the bottom but here i didn't find it at present

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:09pm

Blue to Green is a little strange. But then we've been used to the old layout for about a decade so perhaps it will take time to adjust. Certainly looks more flashy now.

I wonder if we'll be able to paste from word and keep the punctuation now?

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:28pm

One thing I cannot seem to find is the search function; however, I will caveat that.

When I log in and there are new posts, it asks me if I wish to see them; if I select that option, it only takes me to the search screen. But if there are no new posts, I do not see where to go to search.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:48pm

Quoted

There doesn't seem to be any option to see new threads like the old board. Instead you have to individually check each subforum.
I see a number after the name of each forum, so I just check those to see what's new.

Quoted

when I lock in I get a blue box on top of the forum asking me if I'd like to the the new posts since my last login. Doesn't this appear for you too?
I don't have it. Maybe it is a mod thing only.

Quoted

Is there a list of the people, who are online ? In the old version it was at the bottom but here i didn't find it at present
Something I mentioned above. The only way to check it that I know of is to check the member list and look at the members with a green 'light' in front of their name.

Checking it, I can see that Bruce, Hood and Daidalos are here.

Quoted

One thing I cannot seem to find is the search function; however, I will caveat that.
I think it might be the thing at the top on the right.

One thing I also miss is the ability to see previous posts when replying. For this post, I picked up the various lines before hitting the reply button so it is not really a big deal.