You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 2:22pm

Good call on the Grey setting Walter.

It seems pasting from Word now automatically formats to the forum standard text which is easier. Line spacing is still a nightmare though. The only other nitpick I would identify is the standard grey text, especially for post texts. The entire screen seems to be some kind of shade of grey and its a bugger to read at the moment. Of course I'm on a laptop and I'm sure other folks on other monitors will have different opinions, but black would be best for reading long posts I think.

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 2:27pm

I have no problems with it so I think it is probably your laptop. I will check my laptop to see if it is different.

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 2:32pm

Good call on the Grey setting Walter.

It seems pasting from Word now automatically formats to the forum standard text which is easier. Line spacing is still a nightmare though. The only other nitpick I would identify is the standard grey text, especially for post texts. The entire screen seems to be some kind of shade of grey and its a bugger to read at the moment. Of course I'm on a laptop and I'm sure other folks on other monitors will have different opinions, but black would be best for reading long posts I think.
I have noted that the forum now uses autocorrect; which has its limitations. Be careful of the vernacular you choose. :P

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 2:59pm

Looking at it with my laptop, the text is more grey than on my monitor. Guess I will go back using my monitor. :)

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 3:18pm

Small test. Used attachments since Photobucket is failing again. One pic shows the bit of text on the monitor and the other shows the same bit of text on my laptop. It shows that it is a lot better to see the text on the monitor than on the laptop.
Rooijen10 has attached the following images:
  • mon.jpg
  • lap.jpg

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 3:34pm

That looks about right Walter. Increasing the size of the font helps a little.

Re: the spacing issue. I've just pasted an SS report into the forum and it double spaces all the sentences, meaning either very long posts or some tedious editing to format the reports like the old days.

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 6:24pm

The thumbnails tell me that I am a lousy photographer. The full sized pictures tell me that I need a better camera. :D

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 7:09pm

The bottom of the page tells us that we are an extremely busy community here "42,701 Posts per day". :D

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 10:39pm

I just made a small adjustment to the text color in both styles (green and grey).
So... how's the text color now? :-)

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 10:47pm

I don't know. The text looks rather light to me when I am typing right now...

... Oh wait! I used the wrong colour for the text!! :D

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 3:43am

There's a link at the top of the page now to see new posts, but it just goes to the search page.
Sometimes I see it as well when there is/are (a) new post(s) and I end up at... something that looks like the search page. I tried a few words with search, but it does not appear to find anything...

... could just be me being sleepy so I will try again tomorrow. :sleeping:

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 11:40am

Yes the darker grey looks better.

I can't say I've noticed anything at the top of the page about new posts. But it seems easy enough to find them given the number beside each sub-forum.

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 10:00pm

I have noticed that the profiles of our most recent members cannot be viewed, nor do they show in the overall list of members. Is this an intentional feature?

Wednesday, November 20th 2013, 10:23pm

Not only that, looking at the list I have the next two registration dates...

Quoted

TheCanadian ------------- Nov 17th 2013
Testpilot ------------------ Nov 17th 2013
Those dates can't be right... right?

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 1:12am

When I logged on it told me I had to register so I did.

Thursday, November 21st 2013, 1:21am

When I logged on it told me I had to register so I did.

I think that the board had to have been in transition at that point; I got the same message, but it would not allow me to do so. So I gave it some more time and found later that all was well.

Saturday, November 23rd 2013, 6:07pm

Jeez, guys, thanks for the notice that we'd moved back to this address again...

Saturday, November 23rd 2013, 6:17pm

We've been back at this adress a long time.

Saturday, November 23rd 2013, 7:12pm

I'd been on christian-geissler.com. It was active up until the board update, then went silent. I gave it a couple of days to see if it was just a lull, then started wondering. Did a google search on "Wesworld Atlantis" (Thanks, Wes) to track this down again.

Saturday, November 23rd 2013, 7:35pm

We used that one as backup for a very short period (maybe for a few weeks) but that was months ago.