You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:54pm

Yes, I find that is a straight word search. I liked the ability to narrow my search by folder or poster. I guess one cannot have everything.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 2:58pm

I don't seem to have a new posts box that comes up either. Anyhow it seems unread posts have a downward green arrow and clicking on the other green arrow on the opposite side takes you to the last unread post like before.

Cutting and pasting from Word is easier in one way, but it seems to do some odd things with the formatting (spacing especially) and altering the font and size to get something that looks good will take a bit of time.

I agree not being able to see previous posts when replying is a bit awkward, unless you've got a photographic memory. Still, that's progress I guess.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 3:02pm

Quoted

Yes, I find that is a straight word search. I liked the ability to
narrow my search by folder or poster. I guess one cannot have
everything.
The advanced search option allows you to narrow the search by author and time priod. Doesn't appear to be a folder option though.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 3:04pm

Quoted

Yes, I find that is a straight word search. I liked the ability to
narrow my search by folder or poster. I guess one cannot have
everything.
The advanced search option allows you to narrow the search by author and time priod. Doesn't appear to be a folder option though.
Such is life... :(

Monday, November 18th 2013, 4:21pm

Blue to Green is a little strange. But then we've been used to the old layout for about a decade so perhaps it will take time to adjust. Certainly looks more flashy now.
I actually switched it from eco green to basic gray. Looks much more acceptable to me now. :)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 5:24pm

I also can finally see times in my timezone, a most welcome change.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Monday, November 18th 2013, 5:31pm

And we can see your avatar now Snip. :)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 5:38pm

And we can see your avatar now Snip. :)
As we can see your avatar Walter. I am a bit concerned with displaying profile information beneath the avatar though, which has caused me to pull some content from my profile.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 6:33pm

It no longer has the "active threads in last 24 hours" button at the bottom :( Nor does it show the number of pages in a thread.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, November 18th 2013, 8:01pm

Thanks for your feedback.

I must admit, Testpilot and I also have to get used to the new board features. Almost everything changed to control the what and when and how etc. Please continue to list your issues, though I cannot guarantee to have them all adressed. We will see...

Monday, November 18th 2013, 9:17pm

There's a link at the top of the page now to see new posts, but it just goes to the search page. The forums and threads with new posts are highlighted, so that makes it a bit easier to see what's new.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:05pm

Who's online is back :D

Let's see if I can fix some of the other "problems"...

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:10pm

Awesome. Now it is much easier for me to see that I am not alone on the board right now. Thanks. :thumbsup:

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:15pm

Who's online is back :D

Let's see if I can fix some of the other "problems"...
Thanks for your hard work on this.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:23pm

Yes indeed. Thanks for tackling some of the issues.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 10:58pm

Sticky threads (marked as important) are now back to. But sadly most of the features you miss are missing because they were removed from the free version (WBB Lite) and are now only available in the paid version (WBB 3.x) :(

I'll check a little more if I can't add some of the other features over hacks or plugins... so please keep adding features you're missing to this thread :)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:37pm

Not sure if this feature is gone or not since I don't have any new PMs, but it might not show new PMs without checking the folder.

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:40pm

Well... that's not as nice, but the best I could come up with for now >> There is now a quick reply (Simple Reply) option at the end of each page. So you can post simple reply's while still seeing the old posts :)

Monday, November 18th 2013, 11:40pm

Not sure if this feature is gone or not since I don't have any new PMs, but it might not show new PMs without checking the folder.

It does; I tested it by sending a PM to myself. It will show the number of messages you have waiting alongside the link.

Tuesday, November 19th 2013, 12:12am

Ah good. I like the quick reply, its nice :)