You are not logged in.

Tuesday, November 26th 2013, 1:05am

Has there been any progress resetting the character limit issue?

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 10:48pm

I notice that the "new members" added since the migration do not show up on the listing of members, and their profiles are not visible to us mere mortals. It his a feature that can be rectified?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 10:54pm

"new members"

I think this is an issue of FAKE/SPAM user accounts. We had a massive problem with these on the old board, which was a major reason to move to the new system. Numbers have decreased, but there are still some registred users each day that are obviously fake. I do not activate them but delete them. So the system may list the registration of new users but you cannot find them as I have erased their existance.

Sunday, December 1st 2013, 11:01pm

RE: "new members"

I think this is an issue of FAKE/SPAM user accounts. We had a massive problem with these on the old board, which was a major reason to move to the new system. Numbers have decreased, but there are still some registred users each day that are obviously fake. I do not activate them but delete them. So the system may list the registration of new users but you cannot find them as I have erased their existance.

Ah. I wondered if this could be the case. I thought possibly that they were being kept in a separate area until their bona fides could be established in some way.

Friday, December 6th 2013, 9:16am

I do not 'log out' when I leave the site. When I return to it later it does show new posts, but sometimes it shows older posts I've already read as if they are new. Like this thread, it showed it having new posts, but it does not. In fact, it took me to the 1st page when I clicked on the green arrow that is supposed to take you to the 1st new post since your last visit. Anyone else having similar issues?

Friday, December 6th 2013, 9:52am

I have noticed that I sometimes get this message without an increase of the total number of posts. I don't think it has anything to do with the boards that I cannot see as I have seen the number go up without any posts being added to the boards that I can see.

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 8:44pm

I've noticed images are getting automatically resized now. While nice for most of the board, it's somewhat defeating the purpose of my Size comparison thread in the Canadian encyclopedia. Dunno if that's an issue for anyone else.

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 8:47pm

I've noticed images are getting automatically resized now. While nice for most of the board, it's somewhat defeating the purpose of my Size comparison thread in the Canadian encyclopedia. Dunno if that's an issue for anyone else.
Yes; I am not overly happy with the automatic resizing of images. It is not a deal-breaker for me, but it does make images more difficult to read.

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 9:13pm

Well, I can live with it. In the past I have noticed that with a few wiki pictures I linked, people changed it to a bigger version so all of a sudden I have a much bigger picture in my ency. Now I do not have to worry about having to search and edit such posts so the picture is of a more acceptable size. The board will do it for me now. :)

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 10:39pm

For photographs, it's not an issue. For line drawings, which are designed for whatever size they're drawn in, automatic resizing can have some very unfortunate results.

Tuesday, December 10th 2013, 10:48pm

Quite true. For some things it is not a problem, but in your case as well as Bruce's it is.

Monday, February 17th 2014, 10:40pm

RE: RE: "new members"

Ah. I wondered if this could be the case. I thought possibly that they were being kept in a separate area until their bona fides could be established in some way.

We seem to be attracting quite a lot of new member accounts - sometimes more than a dozen a day. Is this vetting process still in place or is it something that needs to be revisited?

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 2:03pm

I have eliminated a number of accounts which evidence indicates are spambots or otherwise false-flag accounts. I'll start checking through the new user register a few times a week and prune the obvious spambots I see.

Wednesday, February 19th 2014, 2:28pm

Thanks. :thumbup:

We can't expect you to catch every one but attentive pruning will keep their number in control.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 5:24pm

Deleting spambots

Thanks for checking new entries. I used to do that but actually I hadn't had much time for weeks to spend on WesWorld.

HoOmAn

Sunday, February 23rd 2014, 5:57pm

Welcome. I'll just keep on it to help keep their numbers under control. :-)