You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 5:34pm

Chosen materiel imports 1943

Imports from SAE 1st September 1943 - 1st January 1944

120.000x G35k rifles + ammunition
10.000x PG-36 submachineguns
5000x PO-33 pistols
1.500x GAT-38 anti-tank-rifles + ammunition
2500x MG-40 machineguns + ammunition

150x Maak 34/75 howitzers + ammunition
120x Maak 37/75B mountain howitzers + ammunition
100x Maak 34/55 anti-tank-guns + ammuntion
60x Maak 39/88 anti-aircraft-guns + ammunition

200x Neyman Vragmotor Ligte Maak 27 trucks
1000x Neyman Vragmotor Middelgrote Maak 30

120x PTR-3D light armored cars
30x MAR-6D medium tanks
105x CET-2B
100x CET-2E
90x CET-2F

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 7:46pm

Imports from Japan 1st September 1943 - 1st January 1944

200.000x Type 95 rifles + ammunition
20.000x Type 97 light machine gun + ammunition
2500x Type 90 heavy machine gun + ammunition

85x Type 97 prime mover "Ro-Ke"
40x Type 94 gas scattering vehicle
400x Type 97 6-wheeled truck
950x Type 94 motorcycle

120x Type 96 tank

80x Kanzaki Ki-66 attacker
105x Kanzaki Ki-35 light bomber

Wednesday, October 30th 2013, 8:10pm

As it is listed in "News", is this information to be considered in character, or out of character knowledge?

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 1:57am

I'm going to guess that while many details might escape notice, most will not remain secret for very long. The number of merchant ships needed to transport that many tanks, trucks, and artillery pieces will be quite significant, and will not be able to escape notice by different world intelligence services...

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 2:01am

That war material is flowing from South Africa and Japan to Chosen (and perhaps to China as well) is certainly a poorly-kept secret. The question I have is how detailed is that knowledge? Inquiring minds want to know. 8)

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 2:11am

Although I too am curious about how public this knowledge is, (and even if it is a complete secret, the CIA knows all).

Nevertheless, what I am more interested in is if these deliveries are being made by Japanese and SAE merchants or if it is a cash and carry type deal.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 2:40am

The Yakuza just drive the stuff onto the ferry at Fukuoka and drive it off the ferry at Pusan.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 4:35am

That is a lot of ferry trips.

Odd that the Japanese government is selling to an organized crime syndicate.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 5:35am

Yes, as Rooijen said the japanese SHipments are transported covertly by japanese ferries.

THe SAE goods are transported by Chosen freighters,

Concerning the question if this is OOC or IC....I would say the exact numbers are just for overview purposes and thus OOC.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 12:51pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
That is a lot of ferry trips.

http://wesworld.jk-clan.de/thread.php?postid=86226#post86226
It's a big ferry. I was thinking after I went to bed that because a passenger train can be rolled onto it, a cargo train could easily be loaded onto it as well carrying a lot of those goods. There is the Kanmon Tunnel which would mean that goods can be moved by rail from Honshu to Kyushu where it is loaded onto the ferry. Also I doubt those 400 trucks would be empty. Each truck would be carrying rifles and/or MGs. Some stuff would would be transported by using the Nagoya Maru class Aircraft Transport ships but they would depart from a different port.

Quoted

Part of the plan. :)

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 12:55pm

Quoted

In some respects, the Japanese Government is an organized crime syndicate; in others, the Organized Crime Syndicate is a government. Toyama Mitsuru would be proud!

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 5:02pm

I assume so Bruce. Still if the Yakuza are involved, no doubt The Commission will know sooner or later.

Which route are the Chosenian freighters taking?

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "TheCanadian" (Oct 31st 2013, 5:15pm)

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 5:34pm

Quoted

Which route are the Chosenian freighters taking?

Good question. My guess is non-stop from Durban to Pusan or Mokpo.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:29pm

Isn't the Japanese Type 96 tank the main Iberian tank? If so perfect opportunity to try out my tanks against the Iberian equivalents.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Isn't the Japanese Type 96 tank the main Iberian tank? If so perfect opportunity to try out my tanks against the Iberian equivalents.

As so many conflicts in the Middle East have proven, it is not the tank itself that counts, but rather the crew that mans it, and the generals who employ it. Do not underestimate the human factor.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:39pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox

It is not. The Iberian version of the Type 96 has an L34 gun, and Mac said (IIRC) it was only acquired in limited numbers for Iberian units in San Hainando. And since Iberia acquired them eight years ago, they've likely been replaced already.

I'd have to really dig for it, but I thin Mac was going to buy the same type of tanks he designed for Denmark. I *might* have some drawings, but I don't think specs were ever written up.

I may be entirely mistaken, too.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:43pm

I would assume that is the route as well though if Iberia allows them to pass through Panama that may be an option. The direct route from Durban does pass close to the Chinese coast, and its a pretty long coast. Now the Chinese haven't used their navy much which is surpising but perhaps now they will.

What is the size of the Chosenian merchant fleet?

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:53pm

Quoted

What is the size of the Chosenian merchant fleet?

That's not a real limiting factor.

There is enough tonnage on the free market that acquiring vessels outright or on time charter would be simple. All things considered, the total volume of imports from the SAE is not *that* much. My guess is that fifteen-to-twenty voyages could handle it, maybe as many as two dozen. In the time allotted, a ship might make two round trips, though it would require fast unloading and turn around.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 7:59pm

Quoted

It is not. The Iberian version of the Type 96 has an L34 gun, and Mac said (IIRC) it was only acquired in limited numbers for Iberian units in San Hainando. And since Iberia acquired them eight years ago, they've likely been replaced already.

Mac told me that the gun on the Iberian version would be the Danish VT-6 gun so that is how I posted it. We never discussed a number though.

Thursday, October 31st 2013, 9:10pm

Oh I agree there's likely enough tonnage on the open market, the Americans would sell merchant vessels to the Chosenians....at a reasonable price. They'd even sell trucks to the Chosenians or food, just not tanks planes or guns, or steel and oil. American banks would lend to Chosen as well, their interest might be high though.

China unfortunately does not get the same treatment until China removes its unjust tariffs. Pity.