You are not logged in.

Thursday, September 5th 2013, 2:01am

Perhaps Foxy should remove everything off them and scuttle them. In time they will be a nice coral reef and far more useful to the Mexican economy then they are now.

Just a suggestion :)

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 4:03am

Iberian news reports from 1935 refer to Projects Tapon and Escudo. Can anybody enlighten me as to what these were? There was a fair investment in specialty ships for the job...

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 4:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor
Iberian news reports from 1935 refer to Projects Tapon and Escudo. Can anybody enlighten me as to what these were? There was a fair investment in specialty ships for the job...

What ships were they? Mac mentioned to me a few of his quieter plans, but those names don't mean anything to me...

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Wednesday, September 11th 2013, 5:33am

Quoted

Originally posted by The Rock Doctor

-The four Mercury class are fine, and are either in service or due to complete in 1942. I'll assume they have radar.

The Dutch were providing simple radars to Siam back in 1937 for scouting the Bay of Bengal. Phillips has even been selling Radars for civilian use for several years now. I don't know the state of Iberian radar research, but they certainly could have bought anything needed from the Dutch up until the Dutch withdrawal, and then close to the newest versions after that.

Tuesday, October 1st 2013, 4:08pm

Iberian sim reports for 1942 are now up. I'll try to update the encyclopedia entries over the next few days. Think I also need to post sims for the depot ships.

For the benefit of Iberian rivals, note that the 1943 program will largely continue the 1942 trends. New major units will include two more CA and four new CLAA.

1944 estimates are 4 more CLAA, 4 LSD, and a wind-down of the auxiliary binge. There really isn't room in the budget for much else new stuff.

1945 will probably see some new destroyers and subs, and perhaps a carrier or two. Pretty hazy still.