You are not logged in.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 4:21am

Canada, Eh? 1943 news

12 December 1943, Somewhere in the East China Sea...

SOS SOS SOS SSS SSS SSS de DCXO DCXO DCXO XHOSA psn 31.22.12.N, 126.33.48.E. EXPLOSION IN ENGINE ROOM, ON FIRE, CREW ABANDONING SHIP AR K

[size=1]
some morse shorthand;
SOS - Distress
SSS - Submarine attack
de - this is
psn - Position
DCXO - Morse ID of Freighter SS Xhosa, 5500 GRT Canadian flagged freighter, last reported en route to Vladivostok from Hong Kong carrying textiles and other wares.[/size]

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 4:45am

Damn, looks like those Chinese maggots striked again.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 5:26pm

Definitely No chinese sub in this area ..... but as sign of humanity, China offers all help to rescue the crew. The chinese coast guard has the order to look out for lifeboats.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 5:47pm

Speaking OOC, this is a most unusual affair.

The Koreans imply that they did not attempt to torpedo the vessel, suggesting that the Chinese did. The Chinese deny all involvement, but do not attempt to blame anyone; they merely offer humanitarian assistance.

*Somebody* or *something* caused the explosion. The question is, who will the world believe? 8o

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 5:54pm

RE: Canada, Eh? 1943 news

Speaking OOC:
Any involvement of a third party has to be discussed with the two parties of the war according to our rules and gentleman agreements. I can only speak for me, but this didn't happend, so i only make this unusual statement and will not go deeper.

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 10:21pm

Well, it was something I said in the IRC chat. If, for example, Japan were to send a sub into the area and sink a ship there, China or Chosen will be blamed for it.

As I see it, the Koreans didn't imply that they did not attempt to torpedo the vessel. They just shifted the blame to the Chinese. :)

Sunday, July 7th 2013, 11:16pm

... and I forgot to add this what I also said during the chat: In the end we can always blame Mexico, so they must be the ones who sank the ship. :)

Monday, July 8th 2013, 8:43am

Or may be stupid canadian engineers, which were unable to take care of their engines ;) :evil:

Monday, July 8th 2013, 11:11am

Yanno some of us ARE Canadians in real life....

At any rate there are the usual suspects who are chomping at the bit for for a chance to get involved in others conflicts, if it isn't scripted by you guys it isn't really cannon unless you say so.

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 10:57pm

12 December 1943

To: Fukuoka Fleet Command

Picked up distress signal from SS Xhosa. Crew abandoning ship. Reported coordinates are 35 miles NNW of our position. Proceeding at full speed to location to assist survivors.

To: HIJMS Shimakaze

Submarine activity in the area possible. Proceed with caution.

To: RCN Far East Squadron

Current position 35 miles NNW of SS Xhosa. En route to assist survivors. Will await your arrival at SS Xhosa's coordinates.

Friday, July 12th 2013, 9:39pm

12 December 1943, Somewhere in the South China Sea

Message acknowledged. ETA to location 48 hours. Survivor's best interests take precedence.

Friday, July 12th 2013, 11:07pm

12 December 1943

To: Fukuoka Fleet Command

Located and picked up 15 survivors. 4 Injuries, 2 of which are serious. Also recovered 1 body. Ship carried 26 crew. 10 crew still missing, but will need to cancel further search in order to return to port for proper hospital treatment of the two seriously injured crewmembers.

T-31 currently en route to your location and will continue the search for the 10 remaining crewmembers.

To: HMCS Prince Edward Island

Recovered 15 souls and one body. Returning to port as two have serious enough injuries to require proper hospital treatment. According to survivors, Captain Kasidy Yates and 9 others are still missing. Flying boat T-31 heading to area to continue search for the remaining crewmembers.

Monday, July 22nd 2013, 9:34pm

12 December 1943

To: Fukue-jima Control

Arrived at target area and commencing search for survivors.

To: Patrol T-31

Understood. As mentioned in previous message, Fukuoka Fleet Command reported that, according to Shimakaze, 10 crewmembers are still unaccounted for.

Wednesday, August 7th 2013, 2:44pm

13 December 1943

To: HMCS Prince Edward Island

Picked up Captain Yates and 6 survivors. Two crew with minor injuries. Three crewmembers still mising believed to have gone down with the ship. Will await your arrival in the area.