You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 9:01pm

OOC: Hostilities on the Korean Peninsula

So that the actual thread do not derail .... please make your comments here. Daidalos and I say.. THANKS !!!

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 10:50pm

Seems odd that the situation has devolved so quickly into a shooting war, despite the ostensible 'plans' of General Hyang-Soon...

France will wait to see what Japan, as the ally of both Chosen and China, has to say before they make an official statement.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 1:23am

Well, this should be interesting...

Friday, July 5th 2013, 2:20am

In the words of a great Gaulish philosopher.

"These Chosenians are crazy"

Friday, July 5th 2013, 7:03am

Japanese Government: "We are currently closed for the holidays."

Friday, July 5th 2013, 9:58am

I'd like to say, the 'combat photos' from the flight sim are a great touch.

Britain would be very non-committal. It both confirms their long held belief that Satsuma was always unstable and would crumble and that Japan is far weaker politically than it would have the world think. Since both relations with both China and Chosen are cool it has no favoured victor, in fact if China gets obsessed about her northern borders it suits Britain even better. The European Empires can get on without interference as long as the war stays north. I guess the Philippines won't shed too many tears either and will make use of whatever breathing space there is.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 1:18pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
I'd like to say, the 'combat photos' from the flight sim are a great touch.

Glad to hear that. I have some other game platforms to make pictures for the ground and sea war. Unfortunatly there are no chinese units from that era....so there is some imagination needed.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 5th 2013, 9:39pm)

Friday, July 5th 2013, 9:38pm

June 26, 1943
The Republic of France objects to Chosen's failure to follow the internationally-agreed-upon rules for submarine warfare, by means of its unannounced attacks on merchant shipping in international waters.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:05pm

Quoted

Chinese freighter (5550 GRT) has been engaged with 2 torpedoes and is sunk. No survivors observed.

OOC: While we would not have access to Chosen's Combat reports, it would appear that you sank that freighter without warning. Is Chosen using unrestricted submarine warfare? As I said, we would not have access to these reports IC, but as the number of attacks mount, word that Chosen is sinking merchant vessels without warning or allowing the crew to get to safety will probably not garner you any international support, and may bring you more trouble than it's worth.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:22pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle

Quoted

Chinese freighter (5550 GRT) has been engaged with 2 torpedoes and is sunk. No survivors observed.

OOC: While we would not have access to Chosen's Combat reports, it would appear that you sank that freighter without warning. Is Chosen using unrestricted submarine warfare? As I said, we would not have access to these reports IC, but as the number of attacks mount, word that Chosen is sinking merchant vessels without warning or allowing the crew to get to safety will probably not garner you any international support, and may bring you more trouble than it's worth.

It would certainly cause the Philippines to re-evaluate their position on the matter; they were the victim of Chinese submarine operations and would be very touchy on the subject.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:32pm

Quoted

Quoted

You have a valid point there.

I (as Chosen) didn't sign anything personally which would restrict the submarine warfare.
Anyway, I think the idea to ask the crew to leave the ship before sinking it is not only outmoded by 1943, it is also very european. I am playing an east asian dictatorship and therefore I don't care much about european gentlemens agreements concerning submarine warfare.

It's an asian war and it will be fought like that. I can't speak for China regarding that matter but concerning Chosen this war will be fought without prize rules and without geneva conventions...for now at least.
If there is a ship with a Chinese flag on it, it will hit the bottom of the sea very soon.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:40pm

OOC: Well then, I guess we'll just have to treat Chosen like the pariah East Asian dictatorship you claim to be. Nice job torpedoing their cause - literally. ;)

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos

Quoted

Quoted

I (as Chosen) didn't sign anything personally which would restrict the submarine warfare.
Anyway, I think the idea to ask the crew to leave the ship before sinking it is not only outmoded by 1943, it is also very european. I am playing an east asian dictatorship and therefore I don't care much about european gentlemens agreements concerning submarine warfare.

It's an asian war and it will be fought like that. I can't speak for China regarding that matter but concerning Chosen this war will be fought without prize rules and without geneva conventions...for now at least.
If there is a ship with a Chinese flag on it, it will hit the bottom of the sea very soon.

That is a valid point of view; it is one to which Chosen may hold at its ultimate peril.

The danger in unrestricted submarine warfare is the possibility of sinking vessels of neutral countries, which could cause them to take actions in defense of their commerce.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:49pm

China wil declare a "war zone" so every neutral ship should take care if entering this zone.

Friday, July 5th 2013, 10:56pm

So what if we decide to move through that zone?

Friday, July 5th 2013, 11:01pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
China wil declare a "war zone" so every neutral ship should take care if entering this zone.

It would be interesting to learn what China considers a "War zone". Please define its limits.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 2:51am

Quoted

What of ships without a Chinese Flag? There will invariably by ships of non-Chinese origin or ownership carrying goods to China.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 9:48am

You wouldn't want to sink a British-flagged merchant. Once might be a mistake and frowned upon, twice it might hurt...

With British, American, French, Dutch, Australian, Canadian, German, Iberian, Japanese, Philippine, Siamese, Atlantean, South African and goodness knows who else's merchant ships in Chinese waters the mixture could be explosive, especially if the sub skipper can't always get close enough to eyeball the ensigns each time.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 10:46am

Quoted

Quoted

What of ships without a Chinese Flag? There will invariably by ships of non-Chinese origin or ownership carrying goods to China.

The commanders of Chosens submarines operating in the Yellow and Chinese Sea are strictly ordered to identify their targets closely. Accidents can happen of course. Therefore I would advise neutral ships to avoid waters where submarine operations of Chosen are likely to occur.....shown in this map:

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2013, 10:46am)

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 1:11pm

You seem to be declaring a war zone that would interdict legitimate neutral commerce into and out of the British colony of Hong Kong, and also the waters surrounding the Iberian territory of San Hainando. Such an extensive area - and the threat posed to legitimate commerce sailing into neutral ports - suggests that you have no regard for the interests of neutral parties; and that is a most dangerous attitude.