You are not logged in.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 12:55pm

Hostilities on the Korean Peninsula

If in fact we are seeing hostilities break out in the Korean Peninsula, may I suggest that the moderators create a separate thread - as was done for the South China Sea War - so that all relevant posts can be kept together?

I find this rather important due to the split in timelines between a number of the players.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 1:15pm

I support this proposal, since it looks as if we really are headed to a conflict.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 1:29pm

Quoted

Originally posted by parador
I support this proposal, since it looks as if we really are headed to a conflict.

And you ought to know! :D

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 2:47pm

Also will it affect 1944 news. Since this is about 6 months behind everyone else there might be serious news consequences that affect whatever we might be working on for 1944 news. So an OOC confirmation might be good if its a war or not.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 3:00pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Also will it affect 1944 news. Since this is about 6 months behind everyone else there might be serious news consequences that affect whatever we might be working on for 1944 news. So an OOC confirmation might be good if its a war or not.

If there are hostilities in place, it would certainly impact not only the news of 1944, but perhaps even construction decisions, though that is less likely. Of course, should the duration of hostilities be short, then the impact will be lessened. It would be very helpful if the players involved could share, OOC, what is happening.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:06pm

I am determined to teach the Chinese imperialists a lesson^^... I support the idea of a seperate thread.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:07pm

I will just post the news of the 22nd June in my newsection for now, can it be moved then?

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:09pm

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
If there are hostilities in place, it would certainly impact not only the news of 1944, but perhaps even construction decisions, though that is less likely. Of course, should the duration of hostilities be short, then the impact will be lessened. It would be very helpful if the players involved could share, OOC, what is happening.

In my eyes a small local war in far east asia won't have any influence of shipbuilding in Germany or the most other european countries. Also for american countries.

But i will discuss it with Daidalos about, how long the war will be ;)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:10pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
I am determined to teach the Chinese imperialists a lesson^^... I support the idea of a seperate thread.

The more important question, for the rest of us, is whether both parties have agreed to the opening of hostilities? There seems to be some question regarding that.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:29pm

Quoted

Quoted

The more important question, for the rest of us, is whether both parties have agreed to the opening of hostilities? There seems to be some question regarding that.

No problem in that point ;) it wasn't a step of ONE person ... both are involved.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:31pm

Both involved parties have agreed, though I wouldn't want to decide how long the hostilities will take just know (Parador and me discussed that matter and we agreed that we want to keep it as dynamic as possible.
We have not scripted everything from the start to the finish.

War is a highly dynamic thing, but when Chosen tanks rolling down the Forbidden City Jong Un might be in the mood to talk about peace.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 5:32pm)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:53pm

Thank you for clarifying the matter.

Speaking OOC, I think that this will be over very quickly. ;)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:04pm

Quoted

Indeed, I asked my military advisor Ma Chang-Hee, he said the distance from the border to Beijing is about 850 km (via road). His conservative estimate is, that once ordered to march, Chosen tank spearheads will advance with at least 35 km per day. So you are right, the war could be over within a month .^^

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:23pm

Just a note - administratively, I can copy and split threads at people's request, but I cannot merge threads: the board software doesn't appear to give that option. So when you create your new unified thread, make sure to repost everything you need from the both of them.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:23pm

Quoted

Quoted

Indeed, I asked my military advisor Ma Chang-Hee, he said the distance from the border to Beijing is about 850 km (via road). His conservative estimate is, that once ordered to march, Chosen tank spearheads will advance with at least 35 km per day. So you are right, the war could be over within a month .^^

Hideyoshi, and General MacArthur thought so too. :P

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:40pm

Where shall I post the unified thread? In the news section?

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 6:54pm

Quoted

Where shall I post the unified thread? In the news section?

Yes, please. :)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 9:11pm

I copied the chinese answers in the unified thread.