You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 9:24am

Noticias Desde Mexico 1943

Late June, Midnight Puerto de Acapulco

Security was tight around several of the docked freighters, an entire area of the harbor had been cordoned off and was being patrolled by heavily armed Federales and Navy Marines. The reason soon became clear as the first of many trucks arrived, towing behind it the long ominous shape of an AT-31M tank. Behind it followed 150 more...

Near the Revillagigedos Islands, BC Villa, 1st Cruiser Squadron

"Admiral, urgent message from HQ. We are to return immediately to Acapulco to refuel and rearm."

"Very well, make course for Acapulco."

Friday, July 5th 2013, 8:01pm

June 24th?

Official Statement from Mexico

"Mexico denounces this blatant act of unprovoked aggression by the government of Chosen. All of Mexico on this day stand behind the people of China, ready to provide any sort of humanitarian aide they might require in this day of infamy. Mexico will not stand for unwarranted aggression, and as such will be cutting all diplomatic ties with Chosen and placing an embargo on all goods headed to Chosen."

Monday, July 8th 2013, 1:22am

*Puts Japanese labels on Mexican goods and sends them to Chosen*
Mexican goods? What Mexican goods? Chosen does not get any Mexican goods. Certainly not from Japan. :D

Monday, July 8th 2013, 9:27pm

Fleet Base Acapulco, CVL Cinco De Mayo

Capitan Salazar, observed the loadings with trepidation. On a regular basis his ship was a floating bomb, but now he was taking a full load of fuel and live weapons, hopefully the exercises with training rounds had paid off, because there would be no more drills. He could just hope, he would not have to use them.

Late June

"What the hell is going on?"

"We don't really know, reports are spotty at best. We have unconfirmed reports of a Chosen air strike on Chinese airfields, followed by a Chinese counterstrike, there are also rumors of ships being sunk in submarine attacks, but everything is cloudy at the moment."

"What are we doing so far?"

"The Chinese are still counting their losses, but we expect them to have an order soon. We did strike a deal to sell them the surplus AT-31s. Those are being shipped as we speak. We also recalled all the Pacific Fleet and moved them to war readiness. We will be moving some additional units from the Gulf side too."

"Whats the chance for war?"

"Chosen is very unpredictable, so we are not sure what they will do. But unless they directly attack Mexican interests, it would be wise not to get too involved. That said, this war would make an excellent proving ground for some of our new weapons entering service. Perhaps a small "volunteer" force wouldn't be out of the question?"

"So what do we know of the Chosen Navy?"

"Small but with some powerful units. the surface fleet amounts to a battlecruiser, a carrier, three cruisers, one light cruiser, and nine destroyer. They do have additional units but all are obsolete and worn out. All the surface units with the exception of the light cruiser where due for a life-extension refit in 1940, no evidence of it being conducted has been found, so the surface fleet will probably not be at full effectiveness.

However, Chosen does have an extensive and new submarine fleet, which will probably be their main weapon, any ships we send should be wary of this threat."

Monday, July 8th 2013, 9:53pm

The Chosen government condemns these armament deals. While nobody in Chosen is afraid of those low quality AT-31 tincans made in Mexico, it is a shame that Mexico supports the felonious warmonger regime in Beijing with military goods.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 8th 2013, 9:53pm)

Monday, July 8th 2013, 9:56pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
low quality AT-31 tincans made in Mexico...

Made in Atlantis, actually, and sold in ancient days to Mexico when they were run by a less irresponsible regime... ;)

By shipping weapons to China, Mexico has, incidentally, established themselves as outside the protections of neutrality. Thus, if Chosen happens to 'accidentally' shoot at some Mexican ships... well, none of *my* countries will shed any tears.

Monday, July 8th 2013, 10:13pm

OOC Well you guys are not supposed to know about it... IC Mexico will deny it is sending anything other than humanitarian aide*.

*Tanks count as preventive medicine right? :P

Monday, July 8th 2013, 10:16pm

The Italians poke Iberia to get a AEGIS response sorted out when this becomes public in some fashion. I imagine that should they see battle, that Chosen will figure out enough to throw together some propaganda on the subject.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "snip" (Jul 8th 2013, 10:17pm)

Monday, July 8th 2013, 11:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
The Italians poke Iberia to get a AEGIS response sorted out when this becomes public in some fashion. I imagine that should they see battle, that Chosen will figure out enough to throw together some propaganda on the subject.

Indeed; the only other country which purchased more than a hundred and fifty AT-31 tanks was Atlantis, and when they can account for them all, then somebody will be able to add one and one. :)

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 12:09am

Indeed, even though they are no longer a potent tank the bulk of Atlantean AT-31's are held in reserve with very few actually in active units now.

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 2:48am

Well for all you guys know, considering the many deals between China and Mexico, the tanks could have been delivered well before the fighting started.

Off topic, an active Iberia would be nice.

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 3:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Off topic, an active Iberia would be nice.

So you can have two big clubs hanging over your head instead of just one?
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 5:55am

Musing OOC,

It would appear as if units of the Mexican Navy were planning to deploy to the Far East - if that is the case, I have to wonder:

Where does the Mexican squadron expect to refuel while en route?

It is more than 6,700 nautical miles from Acapulco to Pusan, and Chinese ports further beyond that; more than 33 days steaming at 15 knots. I would rate it unlikely that the Mexican squadron could refuel an neutral ports en route, given its apparent intervention. I do not recall that the Mexican Navy had a force of oilers equipped and trained for refueling at sea.

I look forward to seeing this played out. ;)

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 6:12am

A Point of Information

The laws of war recognize only belligerents and neutrals. We know from the history of the Second World War that some nations have - at one point or another - attempted to create a middle status - non-belligerent.

"A non-belligerent is a person, a state, or other organization that does not fight in a given conflict. The term is often used to describe a country that does not take part militarily in a war. The status is non-existent in international law . A non-belligerent state differs from a neutral one in that it may be supporting certain belligerents in a war but with the exception of not being directly involved in military operations. " (Source)

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 6:18am

Strictly OOC

Its only 6,000 nm from Tijuana to Shangai, any ship that would participate in such a hypothetical expedition has a range of at least 7,000nm @ 15kts. Also ships could steam slower than 15kts to save fuel, and the Chinese do have tankers that they could send. Not easy but doable.

BTW I only get 17 days sailing for 6,000nm @ 15. Did I miss something?

Tuesday, July 9th 2013, 6:30am

Quoted

Strictly OOC

Its only 6,000 nm from Tijuana to Shangai, any ship that would participate in such a hypothetical expedition has a range of at least 7,000nm @ 15kts. Also ships could steam slower than 15kts to save fuel, and the Chinese do have tankers that they could send. Not easy but doable.

BTW I only get 17 days sailing for 6,000nm @ 15. Did I miss something?

Apparently not. Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate your calculations, as Tijuana is not listed as a significant port in the real world. And, it seems, the web site used to calculate the distance follows established commercial, rather than strict military routes.

Though the thought of sailing into a war zone with near empty fuel bunkers is interesting. Good luck!

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:25am

Tijuana is right next to San Diego.

Early July

Mexico announces that it will be sending 10 unarmed Do-24 flyingboats outfitted as air-sea rescue aircraft to China, to assist in search and rescue operations for anyone affected by the war. Neutral observers are welcome to check on the unarmed status of the aircraft.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:30am

Quoted

Tijuana is right next to San Diego.

What does San Diego have to do with anything?

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 2:56am

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc
What does San Diego have to do with anything?

I believe he is suggesting to Bruce that he use San Diego as the basis for his calculations, since they are right next door.

Still, the convoy's theoretically sailing from Acapulco, not Tijuana. Tijuana doesn't have any port facilities, and is a good 1,600 miles away from Acapulco.

Wednesday, July 10th 2013, 3:38am

Acapulco to Shanghai is 7,065.4 nm. The Mexicans can refuel at La Paz, not Tijuana though it isn't a port. The distance from La Paz to Shanghai is 6384 nm. I suppose the Cinco de Mayo and your Pancho Villa's can make it, your light cruisers might have to be taken under tow, and your destroyers will have to turn back a quarter of the way out.

So, your entering a declared war zone with a aircraft carrier, some freighters, two big cruisers towing some light cruisers, and no destroyers.

Good Luck!