You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 10:48pm

Backround information required?

Hi!

Doing some research and there are a few questions you may be able to answer me. Best guess should do, status as of OOB 31-12-1941.

What is the size of the Iberian Air Force in Angola/Cabinda? How many combat aircraft (fighters, bombers, ground attack etc.) can be expected?

What are Iberian naval forces in Angola/Cabinda?

What are Iberian army forces in Angola/Cabinda?

What are French army forces in Chad?

What is the size of the French Air Force in Chad?

Thanks for your help.

HoOmAn

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 11:12pm

RE: Backround information required?

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
What is the size of the Iberian Air Force in Angola/Cabinda? How many combat aircraft (fighters, bombers, ground attack etc.) can be expected?

What are Iberian naval forces in Angola/Cabinda?

I've never seen a listing of Iberian naval or air forces. However, the Iberians are known to operate Fw187 and Fw190 aircraft in unknown quantities, possibly but not definitively license-built. I'd estimate 1-200 aircraft at most, though.

If you like, I'd be willing to create a small Iberian Air Force order-of-battle.

Quoted

What are Iberian army forces in Angola/Cabinda?

Per the relevant thread, there were six divisions - three infantry, two cavalry, and one Carabineros (light infantry) - in Angola as of the late 1930s. Approximate manpower 60,000 men. There may have been some light tanks or armoured cars, but there aren't any in the divisional OOBs.

Quoted

What are French army forces in Chad?

What is the size of the French Air Force in Chad?

The French Army maintained a Régiment de Tirailleurs Sénégalais du Tchad and several transport and supply sections in Chad between 1937 and 1943, primarily on the populated south end of the country. Mechanisms for raising more Tirailleurs existed, but those units would have taken between six to twelve months to form, and would have received their training and equippage in France or Algeria. The French Foreign Legion occasionally had troops in the country, but rarely on a garrison basis, and not usually above the company level. As for air assets, the Armee de l'Aire fielded around a dozen Nord Pingouins in N'Djamena.

HoOmAn

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 12:49am

Thank you. I may quote the part about French forces in Chad in a news piece... Hope that's okay.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 12:54am

Quoted

Thank you. I may quote the part about French forces in Chad in a news piece... Hope that's okay.

Depends on how they're being quoted... :P ;)

I did write a short article on air operations in French Equatorial Africa, by the way. You might find it interesting.

HoOmAn

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 1:11am

I will just use it as background information and quote you by the word... You'll see.

Thanks for the link.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 4:08am

Okiedokie, then.

Thursday, June 27th 2013, 10:09am

I've made some brief estimates of Iberian strengths for my own analysis.

Land forces in Angola of six divisions (three Infantry, two Cavalry and one Carabineros of motorised light infantry). It's perhaps safe to assume an element of these forces would be deployed to Cabinda, perhaps a brigade or so?
I estimated at least 50-100 bombers and 20-50 fighters based in all the African possessions.

Sierra Leone and Liberia are also unknowns.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Jun 27th 2013, 11:05am)