You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 10:01pm

Wesworld War Z

Consider the following:

On January 1, 1944, for reasons not wholly clear, large portions of the populations of the following NPCs become zombies*, and set to work on adding everybody else to their swarms:

-Iberia, including all extra-territorial possessions
-Denmark, including all extra-territorial possessions
-Afghanistan
-Poland
-Saudi Arabia
-Mongolia
-Paraguay

Where, and how, do your Wesworld nation(s) react to this threat?

Note: the USA has dibs on the Brad Pitt character.

*Zombie Rules:

-"Slow" zombies
-Zombies are dead, but decay at ~1/20th normal rates.
-Hunt other humans at animal intelligence levels; no human skills retained.
-Infection spread through zombie saliva only; victims turn within one minute.
-Brain trauma necessary to destroy zombie, but broken limbs/destroyed muscle/etc will disable it.
-Zombies may be burned or buried without contamination risk.
-Lousy eyesight, but sensitive to smell and sound.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 10:11pm

This is not an alternative world that I have any interest in.

Sunday, June 23rd 2013, 11:33pm

France happily takes most of Iberia's stuff (Iberia proper, San Hainando, a few of the Caribbean possesions, Sierra Leone and Liberia) and begins renaming everything. Oh yeah, and I'd presumably get The Gambia and Guinea-Bissau.

Kirk's been playing Saudi Arabia, Mongolia's under Russian control, and Paraguay's under Hood's Argentine stewardship, so they're not NPCs, in my opinion.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 12:30am

Australia laughs at the world, institutes a quarantine, and fires up the barbie.

Mexico thanks God that the canal is complete, buys some spaghetti bombers from Japan and proceeds to napalm any Iberian possession in range.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, June 24th 2013, 8:11am

Well, Saudia Arabia is a quasi-NPC. It would probably turn to rapid leveling of any family with a zombie member. But they are not terribly well organized, so they'd probably wind up invading the neighbors.

The Belgians would offer to help the French repel the Iberians. Bloody suckups.

The Dutch would impose quarintines and call for LON action. Once the nature of the Zombie were known, they'd start manufacturing and issuing body armor to the troops / border patrol to protect them from bites and saliva. Testing would occur on captive zombies to determine if large, slow moving dum dum rounds - more likely to expend all energy in the Zombie, and to shatter bones- might be needed to issue to the troops.

The Kongo would go for Public Information, various tribal shamans would claim cures, but the militia would be called up to patrol for any zombies. I figure they probably haven't fully stocked the armories yet, so lacking sufficient rifles for every able bodied male, you may see teams of shielded spearmen in front of riflemen.
The Duchy's Melee combat Companies - part of the Kongo's Trial by Combat means of settling internal border disputes, would probably be sent to major border crossings as the body armor would be seen as useful. Angola would be....taken, and Zombies eliminated.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 9:55am

Odd. Very odd. Just can't see this happening at all IC in WW.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 12:41pm

Atlantis would be in a similar situation as the aussies, we would become a reclusive Island fortress and shoot anything remotely dead-but-not-lifeless. Iberian possessions within its sphere of influence would be "annexed" and zombies evicted most forcefully.

Serious attempts would also be made to help its GA allies most at risk of zombie invasion, WW1 warfare should prove most effective at holding off the Zombie hords, lots of razor wire, artillery, machinegun nests and trenchs along the Franco-Iberian border would be hastily set up. Similar efforts in Russia may take more time to set up.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 3:39pm

Nah, France isn't concerned in the slightest about "combat" with zombies - that'd be ridiculously simple. The irritating part would be cleaning up all the mess afterward.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 9:02pm

The US isn't that concerned either. We don't share a land border with any of the NPC's and the US Army, USN, USAAF, USCG, and the National Guard are more than sufficient to repel any zombie invaders if they make it here.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 11:11pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Nah, France isn't concerned

Which is why I feel if any zombie apocalypse ever happened it would be like the movie 28 days/weeks later and be more of an airborn virus that turns people into frenzied murderous lunatics. Fast zombies would certainly pose more of a challenge than the classic Zombie and because its a virus it doesn't kill right away but effects ones ability to control their actions/emotions.

Monday, June 24th 2013, 11:38pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Nah, France isn't concerned

Which is why I feel if any zombie apocalypse ever happened it would be like the movie 28 days/weeks later and be more of an airborn virus that turns people into frenzied murderous lunatics. Fast zombies would certainly pose more of a challenge than the classic Zombie and because its a virus it doesn't kill right away but effects ones ability to control their actions/emotions.

You mean like the virus that was released into the water when the military plane crashed in The Crazies ?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sachmle" (Jun 24th 2013, 11:38pm)

Tuesday, June 25th 2013, 4:23am

Meanwhile, in the Dominion of Canada

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 2:43pm

I wanted to say "Dammit Jim! I'm a zombie, not a doctor!" until I ran across this version of one of McCoy's other classic lines. :)

The Brad Pitt character is a Noob (it is a 2013 movie after all). I have more faith in the Resident Evil crew...

Wednesday, June 26th 2013, 3:41pm

New Wesworld War Z Olympic Event. :)

1 - Take a Zombie.
2 - Stuff him into a large caliber gun.
3 - Fire gun.
4 - Ship that can fire the zombie the furthest will get the gold medal.

Rules:
1 - Each gun will get 5 Zombies.
2 - Zombie needs to exit the gun barrel in one piece.
3 - Customized sabots and conehelmets are not allowed. Only those given by the IOC may be used for the event.
4 - Bonus points awarded if the Zombie remains in one piece upon impact with the ground.
5 - The zombie's distance is determined by drawing a line between the hands and between the feet. The distance is where the hands line and the feet line cross eachother.
6 - Rivalry between gunnery crews in a unit, whether it is a ship or a battery, is encouraged. Up to three guns per unit are allowed to participate in the event.