You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, June 14th 2013, 11:43pm

Vacation

Leaving this afternoon for a short vacation in Northern CA/Southern OR, back next Thursday.

-Kirk

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 2:15am

Enjoy your visit to the State of Jefferson!

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 2:18am

Quoted

Originally posted by Sachmle
Enjoy your visit to the State of Jefferson!

*The resident Oregonian facepalms*
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 2:24am

Well, he did say Northern CA/Southern OR, does that not fit the dimension of the State of Jefferson?

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 2:26am

Yes it does...but still not a great mark on Oregon...
-Siegfried Sassoon

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 2:27am

Quoted

Originally posted by snip
Yes it does...but still not a great mark on Oregon...

Meh, I'm from Ohio, we fought Michigan over Toledo..we don't really make fun of other states for bad ideas.

Saturday, June 15th 2013, 10:43pm

Yeah, I watched about that on "How the States got their shapes". One thing that it did not make clear. Do the people in Southern Oregon share the views of their Northern California neighbours, or is this an idea from Northern California to seccede from the rest of California and annex a part from another state? The Ohio-Michigan bit was also quite interesting.

Kirk, enjoy your holidays.

Sunday, June 16th 2013, 2:13am

California is like a lot of states with large cities....the cities with their huge populations have very different interests from the lower-populated rural areas. And the disproportionate populations in the citites tend to overwhelm the interests of the rest of the state.

There's always grumbling between the NYC area and the rest of New York State. Same with Virginia, and the DC Suburbs.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Friday, June 21st 2013, 11:11pm

Actually I spent much of my camping time in Douglas county, just North of "Jefferson" - which is apparently larger than I knew- I thought it was just the NE corner of CA and SE of OR.

As for culture/whatnot.
In general California has liberal coastal cities, and more conservative inland areas.

Northern California is far more agrarian than the SF Bay area- Timber, ranching, fishing and that wacky weed. Coast/101 corrdor is pretty liberal and vote democrat, but some of the inland areas get pretty darn conservative- very different than SF Bay area.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 4:44pm

Im sitting in PDX getting ready to fly to Colorado for a family vist. Will have wifi and a flight on which to write.
-Siegfried Sassoon