You are not logged in.

Saturday, June 8th 2013, 4:41pm

Rebuilding the Royal Navy

Seaforth Publishing are doing a reprint of Brown & Moore's 'Rebuilding the Royal Navy: Warship Design Since 1945' in paperback. ISBN 978-1-84832-150-2

I brought a copy recently and its filled a niche on my shelf. An excellent read and quality throughout (one of the few modern books I've read without typos etc.). It's just so sad when you consider both authors are now deceased and we'll never see the likes of this kind of book for some time to come. Only Freidman is really in this in-depth level of RN studies these days.

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 4:47pm

Pretty happy that I've managed to add the reprinted edition of DK Brown's 'Nelson to Vanguard' to my collection.
Only had a chance to flick through it so far but its certainly of equal quality to 'Rebuilding the Royal Navy' and deserves its 'classic' rating.

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 5:13pm

I've never had much success finding these books, but adore the Dreadnought-era book Brown wrote.

Sunday, March 2nd 2014, 5:32pm

The ISBN for the reprinted (2012) edition by Seaforth Publishing is: 978-1-8432-149-6

It looks like 'Grand Fleet' which covers 1906-1922 has also been republished. ISBN 978-1-84832-085-7
I have access to an ebook version of Grand Fleet via an academic book site via my university, indeed it looks equally as good, but I never seem to get time to read to read much while on the PC these days and I haven't got the rights to download the entire thing, only page PDFs.