You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, May 21st 2013, 4:15am

Computer Crash

To all by whom these presents come, Greetings!

You may have noted my absence these last few days - after many years of faithful service my Dell laptop finally reached the end of its tether and gave up the ghost.

The good news is that I have acquired a replacement computer with all the most recent bells and whistles; that is also part of the bad news, as I am trying to figure out all that is required. Most if not all data has been conserved, but some programs, like Springsharp, may not work well in the new environment. We shall see.

So, bear with me, and I hope that in a few days I will return to the regular update of activities in Yugoslavia, Germany and the Philippines.

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 10:06am

These dreaded things happen. At least it sounds like you've backed everything up which eases the pain.

If you've got Windows 7 SS should work fine in both V.2 and 3 Beta.

Wednesday, May 22nd 2013, 12:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
If you've got Windows 7 SS should work fine in both V.2 and 3 Beta.

I've got Windows 8.0 - and I believe SS will work but needs some files to do so; I am proceeding slowly with the recovery, so I am leaving that to last.

Thursday, May 23rd 2013, 9:05am

Bruce, I have gotten SS3 running on a Win8 comp with no issues, SS2 should be close to that (cant recall if I got it working on my PC or not, on my MBP atm). If you are still having trouble, shoot me a PM and I can help out.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon