You are not logged in.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 1:52am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
The Indochinese representatives applaud the Foreign Minister's speech. "Hear, hear! Down with Chinese panasiatic hegemony designs!"

OOC: What? Somebody has to stir the pot! :P

The Philippine representative reminds everyone that his government has been warning about Chinese ambitions for several years now. He is happy that someone has heard.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 2:42am

14th June 1943

CONFIDENTIAL

14-6-1943 12:23

to: Colonel Jang Se-Hong

Green light for Operation Hwayaggo (powderkeg). Good luck.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 3:04am

14th June 1943, 23:48

incoming radio traffic

from: A Company/2nd Support Batallion/346th Heavy Artillery Regiment

to: 1st Army command

Sentries perceived gunshots coming from the Supung-Dong Ammo-Depot at around 22:50.
Heavy gunfire from the direction of the Supung-Dung Depot since 23:20. Enemy attack is likely. Sending out a patrol to investigate. Standby for further messages.

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 4:55am

15th June 1943, 04:16, Pyongyang, Ministry of Defence, conference room no. 1

Jong Un: "Damn, Lee-Moon, what is so important that you have to wake me up in the middle of the night and let me come here."

Hwang Lee-Moon (minister of defence): "I appologize, my great leader, but we got some bad news from north western Chosen tonight. Please follow me in the conference room."

Hwang Lee-Moon was the first high ranking government member who received the disturbing news from the 1st Army command located in north western Chosen. Without losing any time he called for General Cho Hyang-Soon, General Seo Eui-Kon, Air Marshall Ryom Weon-Kee and the great leader Jong-Un himself to attend the emergency meeting he arranged within the rooms of the Ministry of Defence. When Jong-Un entered the conference room all generals already sat around the table. General Cho Hyang-Soon flicked calmly through some military documents while General Seo Eui-Kon was deeply sunken in his chair and watched sheepishly as Air Marshall Ryom Weon-Kee blustered:
"They did it. They finally did it. These sneaky bastards finally did it. We have to..."

Jong Un cut his Air Marshall off harshly: "What are you talking about. Who did finally what?"

Hwang Lee-Moon: "The Marshall refers to the unpleasant incident we have to talk about. Some two hours ago I received a telegram from the commander of the first army. He reported to me that a platoon sized Chinese infantry group raided one of our ammo-depots near the border tonight. They killed all eighteen guard posts, executed around 50 civilians living in a nearby settlement and destroyed the ammo depot with explosives. The chinese force was able to retreat before our reinforcements arrived but we found 3 dead chinese soldiers on the site."

Jong Un listened in pondering silence.... "Well....well...They really did it. Goddamn, that's bad. I didn't expect that, to be honest. I wouldn't have thought they would really risk it. But obviously they do. We have to act now, we can't just sit and complain about them being aggressive, we have to do something now, otherwise they will think they can play with us. But what can we do?"

Air Marshall Ryom Weon-Kee: "Sir, I suggest massive offensive maneuvers on all front sectors! We will smash through their frontlines like a hot knife through butter...."

Hwang Lee-Moon: "Excuse me, Marshall, but I think more violence is not the appropriate answer. We haven't investigated the incident yet and if they had planned an all out invasion they would probably have started it already. Though, everything is quiet, no reports of enemy activities from other sectors. Therefore we can assume the raid was an isolated case. Maybe a rogue unit or an overambitious chinese commander who acted without orders from Beijing. I don't say we should act as if nothing had happened, but we should take some time to investigate the incident thoroughly and then think of sanctions."

Jong Un: "Hmm, well...I think...I don't know...I am still so fuckin tired. It's too early. General Hyang-Soon what do you have to say?"

Cho Hyang-Soon: "Well, of course we can't take time and just do nothing like Mr. Lee-Moon suggested. The Chinese would think we are afraid of a confrontation and the next time they would push us harder around than before. No, the time for diplomacy is over now.
Anyway, I don't agree with Air Marshall Weon-Kee. If we answer with a full scale military operation we would lose the approval of the worlds public opinion. We would look like the aggressors if we just declare war on China and probably that's exactly what they tried to achieve with their operation.
No, unfortunatley we are more dependent on the support and approval of foreign countries than the Chinese are. At this moment we can't afford to act just violent, we have to be crafty, we have to aggravate the Chinese dragon with little pinpricks and then, if he gets furious and foolhardy we can chop his head off in pure selfdefense."

Jong Un: "That sounds very reasonable. So what do you have in mind concerning our reaction?"

Cho Hyang-Soon: "I already thought about that and thus made some plans...."

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:09am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos

OOC: Sure he has...

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:20am

15th June 1943, "Voice of Chosen - Special Announcement" radio broadcast:

+++++

"This night a border town in north-western Chosen became the scene of a fierce battle between glorious Chosen servicemen and recreants of the Chinese army. An ammo-storage defended by a small number of brave Chosen Army soldiers was attacked by a very large Chinese force. After several hours, the heroic soldiers of Chosen had to retreat after inflicting hundreds of casualties amongst the attackers.
After being severely beaten on the field, the chinese vermins took their rage out on innocent civilians of a nearby village and killed all 3200 inhabitants.
Our revenge will be dreadful!"

+++++

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 8:03am)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:21am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine

Quoted

OOC: Sure he has...

Lol, indeed. ^^ Is that Mr. Bean btw?

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 3rd 2013, 5:24am)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:23am

Quoted

Lol, indeed. ^^ Is that Mr. Bean btw?

Blackadder, who is played by the same actor who does Mr. Bean, yes. :)

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 5:25am

Yeah, wasn't sure at first, Mr. Bean never had a beard....

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 6:19am

Somewhere in Mexico

"What do you make of this?"

"It doesn't make sense, why would the Chinese attack a lone ammo depot?"

"I smell a rat, but this definitely is going to blow up."

"Get in contact with the Chinese military attache, I have a feeling we are going to make a killing in sales..."

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 7:24am

Wednesday, July 3rd 2013, 3:24pm

16th June 1943

Order No. 3207

to: Army District North

All regular combat units subordinated to Army District North are to be ordered to take up defensive positions along the Chinese-Chosen border. Enemy incursions are most likely to occur around Hekoucun, Uiju, Sinuiju and Dandong. Chinese troop concentrations have been reported around Fengcheng and Kundian.
While any offensive operations and violations of Chinese territory are prohibited until further notice, Chinese soldiers trespassing the border into Chosen are to be neutralized. Any act of Chinese aggression on Chosen soil has to be met with decisive and deadly force.

signed: General Cho Hyang-Soon

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 8:11am)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:13am

18th June 1943, Tonggrim, Tongrim Airfield, bureau of General Lee Gyong-Si

With a strange mix of curiousness and concern newly appointed commander of the hastily assembled 12th Airfleet, Airforce General Lee Gyong-Si opened the envelope the messenger just gave him...
Orders straight from Pyongjang. And he would be the man in charge of the operation.

Order No. 3221

to: Airforce General Lee Gyong-Si/ 12th Airfleet

OPERATION BOGSU

Operation date: 22nd June 1943

Operation start: no later than 0500 local

participating friendly units: 28th Light Bomber Squadron (63x Ki-51), 34th Light Bomber Squadron (18x WAC-120, 39x Ki-51), Fighter Regiment 328 (32x SSC-70), Fighter Regiment 92 (28x WAC-190)

Operation goal: Harras and deny chinese sea and road traffic on the coastal area along the axis Donggang-Zhuanghe. Avoid friendly casulaties. FR 328 and FR 92 are to provide aircover should any chinese fighter planes operate in the AO. Avois enemy AAA strongpoints concentrated at strategic targets. Execution is left to commanders digression.

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:24am

21st June 1943, Tonggrim, Tongrim Airfield, FR 92 briefing

Airforce Major Park Eui-Kon: "I know you are familiar with the plan and we have discussed everything in-depth during the last days. But tomorrow you guys will be in actual combat, this is no excercise with blank cartridges anymore and there will be no second tries. If you mess up, you will get killed, it's easy as that. I know we had not enough time to exercise ground attack....or exercise any kind os attacks at all...but just make sure to don't come in too fast or too slow. Keep the plane steady and fire small bursts, conserve your ammo so you can hit as many targets as possible. No spraying, gentlemen.

Should any Chinese plane be able to taxi and to take off, shoot it down before it gains speed and height. And I know, I said it a hundred times now but there is a low probability that we encounter airborne Chinese fighters.
Anyway, should that be the case avoid aerial combat and retreat. Those EW-205 and 207 are both quick as hell and can outclimb us easily, so just don't mess with them. Well, lets...."

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 9:01am)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:36am

22nd June, Combat Report FR 92

Flightplan FR 92, mission start: 0530

mission: groundattack on enemy airfield

target: Dandong airfield

friendly forces: 24x WAC-190

friendly casulaties: 2x WIA, 4 planes with light damage, 2 Planes with moderate damage

enemy forces: approx. 1 Fighter Squadron on the ground + auxilary troops

enemy casualties: 18 planes destroyed on the ground and unknown number damaged, 3 AAA emplacements destroyed, 9 trucks destroyed, several buildings damaged

further notes: Friendly aircrafts were incoming from the south. Engaged parked planes with guns and 100 kg bombs with good effect. No enemy CAP. Moderate AAA defense around Dandong. 2 friendly pilots wounded by AAA shrapnells.

Parked chinese planes on fire...they didn't deemed it necessary to camouflage them and this is what they get for such negliegence.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 9:01am)

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 8:54am

And the Cold War goes Hot.
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Thursday, July 4th 2013, 5:54pm

22nd June, combat report 12th Airfleet

Map of airraids conducted on 22nd June by elements of the 12th Airfleet:

12th Airfleet reporting:

Todays combat operations were a great success. All elements of the 12th Airfleet, some of them flying several sorties, inflicted serious casualties on the enemy. While the Chinese were not totally unprepared we still had an advantage due to the element of surprise. Pilots of the 12th Airfleet confirmed the following kills today: 18 planes destroyed on the ground, 56 Vehicles destroyed, 8 AAA emplacements destroyed, 3 fishing boats sunken, 1 tug boat sunken.
We achieved this success with minimal friendly casualties: 1 Ki-51 crashed due to mechanical failure (pilot and gunner KIA), 12 aircraft sustained light/moderate damage and 2 aircraft were damaged beyond repair in landing accidents. AAA concentration in the area of operations was rather weak, air activities were minimal.

uncensored combat footage:

Two Ki-51 (1st Wing/64th Light Bomber Regiment/28th Light Bomber Squadron) en route to their designated targets.

Enemy ship under machine gun fire (3rd Wing/68th Light Bomber Regiment/28th Light Bomber Squadron)

WAC-120 of the 34th Light Bomber Squadron engaging chinese road traffic on the coastal highway between Donggang and Zuahnghe.

Another enemy vehicle convoy is shredded by 30mm guns of Chosens most feared ground attack plane, the WAC-120.

This post has been edited 3 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 4th 2013, 8:21pm)

Thursday, July 25th 2013, 9:29pm

24th June 1943, Pyongyang, Ministry of Defence, conference room no. 1

Hwang Lee-Moon (minister of defence): "My leader, my leader?!"

Jong Un: "What is it?"

Hwang Lee-Moon: "I received a telegramm from our delegation in South Africa, they concluded the deals."

Jong Un: "Sweet. Very pleasant to know that we have friends abroad. We really can count on those South Africans. And what about those League of Nations stuff?"

Hwang Lee-Moon: "That is no problem, SAE don't care for what those bureaucrats are talking about in their shiny offices. They are virtually selling us everything we want or at least everything we can afford; rifles, trucks, tanks and planes."

Jong Un: "Nice. I am relieved. If we want to succeed in this war we will have to expand our army. As you know we are planning to deploy 30 new Divisions and several Squadrons untill 1944 and it would have been difficult to equip them properly without foreign help. We will have to expand our factories but this takes time. At the moment we have the men but we are lacking equipment."

Hwang Lee-Moon: "Yes, with the help of the SAE this will change very soon. But as those armament shipments are so vital for our effort we have to make sure that the searoutes between Chosen and SAE stay clear."

Jong Un: "Indeed, we have to make sure about that but I doubt the Chinese would dare to sink South African freighters. Uhm....Mr. Lee Moon, there is another thing. Concerning the volunteers from Indochina....When can I expect their deployment."

Hwang Lee-Moon: "We have no news on that case at the moment, volunteers are arriving sporadicly by sea. It will take some time untill we can deploy, equip and organize the first units. They wont be ready before November I would guess but I'll keep you informed."