You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 5:39pm

Indian assault rifles...

It was pointed out to me that the previous Indian player had introduced assault rifles into service in the period 1939-1940. It was suggested that the weapons had served as a rebuttal to some other player's advanced small arms, and appears to have in turn spawned further rebuttals from other nations altogether.

Bharat would certainly seem to have some justification in being ahead of the curve on small arms development, given how many of its infantrymen have seen action in recent years. However, the timetable seems premature to me, and at any rate I don't really care about small arms anyway, so see little point in contributing to a tech binge that'll have everybody using gauss rifles in 1960.

Consequently, I've amended the Indian Small Arms thread a bit. Rather than delete text and leaving you wondering what's gone, the non-canonical stuff is now shaded silver. The new, canonical text appears in red immediately afterward.

The long and short of it - the weapons have unspecified teething problems and have not been widely introduced into service. I'm not getting into any technical details, though you're welcome to speculate in-character about the German ammo or other stuff.

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, December 13th 2012, 8:39pm

Fair enough, history has a number of weapons that proved to not be field worthy. The Chauchat of WWI is an example.