You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, November 8th 2012, 5:01pm

Royal Iraqi Navy

Royal Iraqi Navy (RIN)

Originally a small force for local patrol, the threat of the expanded Persian Navy with Bharati support and the threat posed to Iraq's maritime lines of communications has been counted with sizable British investment.
The first additions were four ex-RN S Class destroyers to back up the patrol force. Then an F Class light cruiser was added as a powerful flagship. Since then four Defiant Class torpedo boats, two ex-Irish Contae II Class destoyers and three coastal defence ships have been added to create a balanced, but powerful fleet.
The result has seen Britain claim evidence that they actively support their protectorates and also it has had the added bonus of strengthening the RN Persian Gulf Station with a minimum of financial outlay, although the RN is contributing manpower and technical assistance.

All the RIN ships are based at Basrah.

Order of Battle
ROYAL IRAQI NAVY (HQ Basra)
1st Squadron (King Ghazi, Basrah, Baghdad, Mosul)
2nd Squadron (I-1, I-2, I-3, I-4)
3rd Squadron (Al Ramadan, Al Tami, Al Shaab, Al Adrisi)
4th Squadron (Al Yarmouk, Al Kadisia)