You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 5th 2012, 6:00pm

Royal Iraqi Air Force

Royal Iraqi Air Force (RIAF)

Formed in 1931 under the nominal command of Assistant Commander Middle East (Iraq) the Royal Iraqi Air Force came under Iraqi control with RAF military advisers and training staff in mid 1939. The Second-in-Command post temporarily remains an RAF officer. No other RAF personnel are employed except for twenty instructors (technical, mechanical and flying). The first RIAF pilot officers were trained at RAF Cranwell during 1932.

Order of Battle
No.1 Squadron, Mosul (12 DH Hornet FB.Mk.I)
No.2 Squadron, Kirkuk (15 de Havilland Vampire FB.Mk.55)
No.3 Squadron, Al Rashid, Baghdad (15 Martin-Baker M.B.5 F.Mk.I)
No.4 Squadron, Kirkuk (12 DH Hornet FB.Mk.I)
No.5 Squadron, Basra (15 Martin-Baker M.B.5 F.Mk.I)
No.6 Squadron, Al Rashid, Baghdad (15 Fairey Fox II B.Mk.I)
No.7 Squadron, Mosul, (15 Martin-Baker M.B.5 F.Mk.I)
No.8 Squadron, Al Rashid, Baghdad (4 BCAC Wayfarer C.Mk.I, 1 Avro York, 7 de Havilland DH.104 Dove, 4 Avro Anson C.Mk.II and 2 Miles M.8)
Flying Training School, Al Rashid, Baghdad (6 D.H. Tiger Moth, 16 Percival Pretence T.Mk.II, 4 Avro Anson C.Mk.II, 10 Supermarine Spitfire T.Mk.VI and 2 Percival P.30 Proctor II)

The Technical Training School, the Signals and Electrical School and the Air Armament School are all co-located at Mosul.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Hood" (Nov 5th 2012, 6:01pm)