You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 5th 2012, 5:56pm

Royal Egyptian Air Force

Royal Egyptian Air Force (REAF)

Formed in 1932 under the nominal command of Commander-in-Chief (Air) Middle East, the Royal Egyptian Air Force came under Egyptian control with RAF military advisers and training staff in mid 1939. The Second-in-Command remains an RAF Group Captain. NCO posts are now all Egyptian and there are ninety Egyptian mechanics.

Order of Battle
No.1 Squadron (15 Hawker Tempest F.Mk.I)
No.2 Squadron (15 de Havilland Vampire FB.Mk.56)
No.3 Squadron (4 BCAC Wayfarer C.Mk.I, 6 de Havilland DH.104 Dove and 6 Heliopolis Gomhouria 2)
No.4 Squadron (12 Fairey Balmoral B.Mk.I)
No.5 Squadron (12 12 DH Hornet FB.Mk.I)
No.6 Squadron (15 Gloster Meteor F.Mk.IV)
No.7 Squadron (7 Handley Page H.P.67 Hastings C.Mk.I)
Flying Training School (4 Avro Anson T.Mk.III, 4 Avro Anson T.Mk.IV, 4 Avro Anson C.Mk.II, 4 D.H. Tiger Moth, 10 Supermarine Spitfire T.Mk.VI and 30 Heliopolis Gomhouria 1)

Almaza Aerodrome and Edku Aerodrome are the two REAF bases. A Technical Training School, a Signals and Electrical School and an Air Armament school are all co-located at Almaza. No.4 squadron and No.5 Squadrons are based at Edku.