You are not logged in.

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 7:13am

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
Looks to be coming along well. I'm presuming the open space amidships is reserved for aircraft and a catapult?

That's the intention, yes, along with the ship's boats. Although, now that I check, it looks like we don't know what whatever floatplane the Nords have in inventory looks like.

Will have to figure it out.
Carnival da yo~!

Saturday, February 9th 2013, 10:49am

And the ship's boats and crane...

That LAA mount ahead of the after directors might have poorer field of fire when you start putting cranes and catapults etc. there. Otherwise the drawing is coming along nicely.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 3:34am

Behold! The Gjovik!

(And proof that I am not dead.)
Carnival da yo~!

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 3:45am

Not a bad looking drawing;

One of the things that I would wonder about are the height of the gun houses on the secondary mounts vice the height of the turrets on the primary guns. It makes the turrets look small.

Also, the size of the scout aircraft seems a bit out of proportion; of course, that could just be me.

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 3:51am

Hey, nice!

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 4:26am

Quoted

Originally posted by BruceDuncan
Not a bad looking drawing;

One of the things that I would wonder about are the height of the gun houses on the secondary mounts vice the height of the turrets on the primary guns. It makes the turrets look small.

Also, the size of the scout aircraft seems a bit out of proportion; of course, that could just be me.

I'd put the turrets down to the difference in needs between low-angle and high-angle mountings, myself, but I admit that I didn't sketch out their interiors so much as eyeball the external proportions based off of comparable OTL ships. Could've gotten it wrong, not really sure.

The aircraft is a Nordish-licensed derivative of the Breguet 790 Nautilus, built by Kongsberg and powered by the X-75-1450 (which is about twice the engine the original French version had). The original Nautilus, which is a historical design, had a wingspan of 55 ft/17 m, which in retrospect is kind of large for a cruiser scout plane but, given that the OTL French contemplated the same use, not enough so to make me uncomfortable.
Carnival da yo~!

Saturday, July 6th 2013, 4:35am

Well, if the aircraft in question is that large, then I guess it is what it is. As you say, for a cruiser scouting aircraft, it is on the large size.