You are not logged in.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, October 6th 2019, 2:49am

HI...
Interesting discussion.
Really sorry I was not taking care of player approvals. When I got side tracked by real life I somehow forgot... :/

As for hosting - not an issue, will take care as long as WesWorld 1.0 exists.

Not sure if I can support WW2.0 as I do not consider me a potential player anymore. Real life has just changed so much for me that I barely have time to keep up reading some new ship books I bought.
There are some more quarterly reports prepared I never posted. Will try to do next week but it will not suffice to really ramp-up again.

My lessons learned from this game:
1) It is time consuming.
2) It is time consuming. Even more so if you draw ships and stuff - which adds sooo much flavor...
3) It is a lot of fun if you can invest your time.
4) It is time consuming. Can't deny it.
5) It needs a good mix of different characters to remain intersting, spark great discussions and good results.
6) By all means, players involved must accept they cannot have all from their wish list. Compromises carry a place like this.
7) A general consensus to remain fair to each other is mandatory.
8) It is fuckin* time consuming.... Especially if you script multi-player stories.
9) You need moderators with a good comon sense that are fully accepted by player base.
10) You shall always remember - this is not real life and ought to be fun, though it is serious enough to appreciate peoples input, whatever it is.

Have a nice sunday,
HoOmAn

Sunday, October 6th 2019, 4:48am

Long time no see Hoo! I agree with your post, this sim is time consuming. Another hurtle for me is that Photobucket has turned into a big flaming turd, making it unable to post pictures on this sight which to be honest is half the fun for me. I have tons of drawings and nowhere to post them, I've even tried to save some on facebook without success though I need to continue to explore that option.

Sunday, October 6th 2019, 10:43am

I switched to Imgur and that seems to work ok.
Photobucket is a flaming bucket of turd.

Good to see you around Hoo!
Yeah time seems to get less and less the older you get. With some many commitments something has to give sadly.

Thursday, October 10th 2019, 4:54pm

And for those who wish to consider a reboot, I give you food for thought.

How to Build a Navy - Planning, Procurement, Production, Logistics

Thursday, October 10th 2019, 11:07pm

Drach is pretty awesome.