You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 8:00pm

Quoted

Both. I'm just a young pup, as things go.

Well, John and Robert Kennedy aren't the only Kennedys to have died due to the Kennedy Curse..

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 8:29pm

Gentlemen,

this thread is not meant to discuss Si-Fi stuff.

Thanks,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 8:32pm

I was about to ask so am I in or not LOL (not that it realy makes a diferance as far as my aircraft but meh)

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 10:03pm

Well guess id better formally introduce myself on this thread.

Im Jason, im 21. Currently im going to college taking Bacholer of Education, majoring in History. I live in Grande Prarie, Alberta, Canada, which for those of you that don't know its 5 hours NW of Edmonton. I was originally born in Toronto, and moved west when I was 10. Interests are quadding, reading, and history. Ships have always fascinated me, especially the what-if ones. I also play WoW in case anyone plays im on Kel-Thuzad server, names Superjason, and im a Draenai Shaman.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 10:15pm

Sounds familiar allright. I haven't been there during my more recent trips to Canada. I might have passed through there in 1978 or 1980. No doubt passed through there in 1995 when heading to Dawson Creek and the Alaska Highway.

Might be going to Canada this year again.

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 2:22am

Quoted

Originally posted by TheCanadian
Well guess id better formally introduce myself on this thread.

Im Jason, im 21. Currently im going to college taking Bacholer of Education, majoring in History. I live in Grande Prarie, Alberta, Canada, which for those of you that don't know its 5 hours NW of Edmonton. I was originally born in Toronto, and moved west when I was 10. Interests are quadding, reading, and history. Ships have always fascinated me, especially the what-if ones. I also play WoW in case anyone plays im on Kel-Thuzad server, names Superjason, and im a Draenai Shaman.

I'm also orriginally from T.O.

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 6:32am

Yeah I know read through the thread. It seems there is a bunch of us from there. I was actually in Vancouver this summer. Its a nice city.

Wednesday, February 6th 2008, 6:45am

Yep, I wouldn't move back, its too damn nice here. No where near as much snow as back east (except in the mountains where it belongs!) and I've gotten used to the rain.

Thursday, February 7th 2008, 9:35pm

Ok... so, like it says... an introduction:

28 years old. 3 months, 1 week out from getting married.
Alabama Army National Guard for 9 years come 18APR08. Sergent in the MP Corps with 1 year worth of combat in Iraq (first kid in my neighborhood with a 'confirmed'). Expert with 9mm every time since AIT and generally do well with the M16. Qualified on the M249 and M2, and experienced with the M60, M240B and the Mk-19. On my second semester as a student nurse. I'm a history buff, but by no means expert. Grew up going to visit the Alabama & Drum a lot, always wondered what it would be like to sit in that turret captain's seat in the #2 turret when a fire mission was going on. I play all kinds of RPG's- though mostly D20- and Star Fleet battles and Battletech. Right now, I'm also the CSA player at N-verse, and am trying to correct a massive deficiency in that nation's cruiser force.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Carthaginian" (Feb 7th 2008, 9:37pm)

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 6:26pm

OK, here goes. My name is Sam, and I'm a 28y/o from a micropolitan city in NW OH that I'm sure non of you have ever heard of called Findlay. I'm the night shift supervisor for security at the local hospital and I've been there for 7+yrs. I enjoy naval sim games such as PTO, Distant Guns, etc. and have been a naval warfare buff since 6th grade. My 2 favorite books are "The Sinking of the Bismark" and "Ironclads of the Civil War", both of which I've owned for 16yrs. I play the Naciones Unidas de Suramerica (Argentina & Paraguay) over on Navalism, and I've been poking around on some of the discussion boards like WPDB and Warships1/NavWeaps for about 6 months. Tanthalas recommended I check out WW, so I did. I like what I see so far. Certainly different from N3, but equally as interesting. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be around for a long while, whether sitting on the sidelines watching, or actively playing a country. I'd prefer something small and simple to play, to get my feet wet and grasp the finer points of WW. Congrats to all for making such an entertaining and long lasting SIM.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:28pm

From the Eskimo in the North

Welcome

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 7:40pm

Thanks. I've been to Canuckistan a few times. Sault Ste Marie to be exact. Road the tour train through the valley. Nice place, and the soda's so much better cuz you guys use sugar instead of corn syrup.

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:20pm

Been to the Sault a couple of times myself. Theres a couple of us Canadians on here, eh?

Thursday, February 21st 2008, 8:23pm

If anything, the amount of Canadians on this site reinforces the Shin Ra's signature. And his billboard. :D

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 3:16am

Canadian here!

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 3:23am

See *points at last post* told ya so! :P :D

Friday, February 22nd 2008, 5:41am

Considering how many Canadians are on the boards, I'm always amazed I've been allowed to run around as a crazy American butchering Canada for as long as I have. o.o

howard

Unregistered

Friday, July 11th 2008, 2:32pm

The HEBCO guy.

I'm an American, a Hoosier currently living among rebels.

I fall in the midrange age-wise, being older than most of the stiudents, and younger than some of the old timers here.

I run a small business as a private contractor.

I like to play around with rockets a bit for fun.

Naval wise I was hooked when I first came across Leyte Gulf. After devouring the lessons of that fiasco and developing a life-long hatred for "Bull" Halsey, that my subsequent research into Guadalcanal and his typhoons has deepened into a genuine disgust with the worst admiral to ever wear a USN uniform, I branched out into the South American naval wars and then to the Napaoleonic era-then I hit Mahan. I went to school on Mahan.

That's about all I have to say about me. I'm actually a rather dull guy.

H.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 12:40am

RE: The HEBCO guy.

Quoted

Originally posted by howard
developing a life-long hatred for "Bull" Halsey, that my subsequent research into Guadalcanal and his typhoons has deepened into a genuine disgust with the worst admiral to ever wear a USN uniform

Them's fightin' words.

howard

Unregistered

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 1:09am

RE: The HEBCO guy.

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

Quoted

Originally posted by howard
developing a life-long hatred for "Bull" Halsey, that my subsequent research into Guadalcanal and his typhoons has deepened into a genuine disgust with the worst admiral to ever wear a USN uniform

Them's fightin' words.

Its a valid opinion based on the following.

The unnecessaryn deaths of a lot of good men with Callaghan and Scott.
The unnecessary deaths of the heroes of Taffy Three.
The unnecessary deaths and lost ships from TWO typhoons into which he ran Third Fleet.
The unnecessary loss of Hornet.
The unnecessary loss of Princeton.......

and his general GROSS incompetence when handling a fleet, which exhibited itself, even in his botched early war carrier raids and mis-timed speed runs where he inevitably showed up too late to a battle with his ships out of gas and his crews exhausted. Coral Sea and Samar being the two most classic examples.

Even the Doolittle Raid he screwed up, by not properly following and using his weather fronts.

He was all BULL and no brains.

H.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "howard" (Jul 12th 2008, 1:11am)