You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Friday, December 15th 2006, 5:53am

Quoted

Originally posted by Ithekro
Gabi, how much anime do you follow. Specifically those related the Space Pirate Captian Harlock?

i've never even heard of space pirate captain harlock.

i watch girlie anime, basically. lol.

series i own or simply love or both:
Chobits
Witch Hunter Robin
Last Exile
Gantz (okie, no so girlie...but its interesting to say the least)
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun

Friday, December 15th 2006, 6:29am

Harlock is much a much older anime. I don't know if it would fit your style. I was just thinking of a possible angle for use as a player. Not with a "nation" but with a group that need a ship or two built. Need a purpose. And need not to get caught by the wrong countries navies.

Essentially the Pirate Harlock and his friends have been around in Wesworld, sometimes causing trouble, but mostly looking for a purpose and cause for there piracy. They live under the flag of freedom. The Wesworld Indians are making a film based on him.

(Essentally I've mixed several versions of the Harlock character to suit this time period. But since his creator, Leiji Matsumoto, likes old stlye things, he fits fairly well in this world.)

Regular version: Captain Harlock

Regular Version: Emeraldas

Regular Version: Tochiro Oyama

Young version: Captain Harlock

Gun Frontier Version (1890s): Harlock, Tochiro, Shinaola

Friday, December 15th 2006, 6:52am

Quoted

Originally posted by Salaam86
I'm also active on WorldAffairsBoard (username Defcon 6)

Me too, same nickname as in this forum.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, December 15th 2006, 1:27pm

Please don´t turn this into an anime discussion or something. This thread is meant to allow players to introduce themselfs.

Thanks.

Friday, December 15th 2006, 6:12pm

Just posing a possibility for a player "force" using examples. Could probably be better placed in the "I'm Wondering" Thread. If you like we could more these there.

Saturday, December 16th 2006, 3:14am

hm. well move them then...?

Call of Valhalla

Unregistered

Thursday, April 19th 2007, 12:20am

Hello everybody! So here's my introduction:

I am currently 17 years old.

I'm from New Jersey but starting this August I will be attending Pennsylvania State University and living on campus. I'm going in undecided on a major but I plan on majoring in either political science or history.

As of right now, I'm unemployed, but I'll be working this summer to earn some money for college.

I'm very interested in military history, especially anything concerning naval affairs. I've had SpringSharp for a while and have tinkered around with a lot of designs for it, so when I found this site naturally I was really interested when I found this forum. I'm game if any NPCs or other countries are open for play!

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Call of Valhalla" (Apr 19th 2007, 12:21am)

HoOmAn

Thursday, April 19th 2007, 9:55am

Welcome to the board! Enjoy the show....

HoOmAn

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 7:13pm

Welcome Call of Valhalla.

Most of the decent NPCs are taken, but there are some really small ones like Bulgaria. However, you'll see some open bid design competitions, as well as just folks posting designs for comments.

On another matter- I seem to have missed the December posts, RA- what's hillwalking? Off trail backpacking? Ascending mountains you can hike up? I haven't seen the term before, though it sounds to close to work.

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 7:40pm

Hi Kirk,

Its all in the name: hillwalking = walking up hills. Usually when I'm somewhere I look on a map for the highest hill/mountain around and then walk up it. Why? To get to the top. It usually gives a good view if nothing else. Mostly it'll involve following a trail upwards but it depends where you are. In England that the done thing as there are access restrictions (in some places)

As an example; two shots from the top of Hill 834 in Iceland. No path up this one but the view was worth it. Shot 1 is looking towards Snaefjellsjökull. Shot 2 is looking down towards Grundarfjörður - you can't see the glacial hanging vally in between. IIRC it was a very clear day and we could see Rekjavik about 40-50miles away to the south. Apologies for the photo quality; it was a few years ago with an old camera. I'm going around Mt. Hekla and Mýrdalsjökull later this year.

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 8:24pm

But that is Iceland. There are no trees on the Island. Just grass. There isn't even much scrub birch. The Vikings came and cut down most of the trees. Now there is limited replantation but it just became so windswept that its hard to get started. I did see some trees; a copse of about 15m tall conifers next to a youth hostel. The owner said that during winter you can barely see their tops. It really is grim up north.

Call of Valhalla

Unregistered

Sunday, April 22nd 2007, 11:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Kaiser Kirk
Welcome Call of Valhalla.

Most of the decent NPCs are taken, but there are some really small ones like Bulgaria. However, you'll see some open bid design competitions, as well as just folks posting designs for comments.

Sounds good. I'd be willing to take up Bulgaria, once I get in the swing of things here and post a little bit.

HoOmAn

Monday, April 23rd 2007, 10:46am

Folks,

this one´s for player information, not for holiday stuff.

Thank you.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 4:01am

HI well to start im Lloyd, im 28 years old, a Former US Marine, I curently Participate in Navalisim ( I like to think I have decent SS skills). Im Italia in the Nverse, and I would be interested in participating in Wesworld. My real passion is Aviation, and History (come on im a Marine you didnt expect me to like ships did you). I would be interested in whatever countrys are available (just dont land lock me please)

Questions feal free to ask, ill answer to the best of my abilities.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 4:14am

Quoted

Originally posted by Tanthalas
HI well to start im Lloyd, im 28 years old, a Former US Marine, I curently Participate in Navalisim ( I like to think I have decent SS skills). Im Italia in the Nverse, and I would be interested in participating in Wesworld. My real passion is Aviation, and History (come on im a Marine you didnt expect me to like ships did you). I would be interested in whatever countrys are available (just dont land lock me please)

Questions feal free to ask, ill answer to the best of my abilities.

Semper Fi, Devil Dog! Third Battalion H Company Parris Island circa 1982. Good to see another one around.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 7:45am

*Waves*

Introduced myself before, I think, but I might as well do it again. I'm a hyperactive ADHD obsessive-compulsive unmedicated adult, a bit of a geek for science fiction and history. Age... old enough to drink and by small arms, too young to get senior discounts or remember the day Kennedy died. I work at desktop publishing, mainly, and have some technical writing, advertising, web design, and a pretension to some graphic design skills.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 5:30pm

Hmm, which science fiction stuff in particular?

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 7:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
Hmm, which science fiction stuff in particular?

Babylon 5, Firefly, Heinlein in moderation, Schlock Mercenary... I recently found a new author named Charles Stross who wrote a very good series called Singularity Sky and Iron Sunrise. I used to be quite into Star Wars and the expanded universe books before the prequels came out and ruined it all for me.

Which of course reminds me of Timothy Zahn - his book Icarus Hunt is perhaps one of my favorite books of all time. You're just reading along towards the end, expecting one thing, and BAM! He hits you over the head with the sledgehammer of plot resolution. I didn't see it coming even remotely, and I was so incredulous that I reread the book again and discovered he had set it up from the first page of the book. One of the most masterful pieces of fiction I have ever read, and HIGHLY recommended.

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 7:38pm

Quoted

too young to get senior discounts or remember the day Kennedy died.

Which one? :)

Tuesday, February 5th 2008, 7:45pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10

Quoted

too young to get senior discounts or remember the day Kennedy died.

Which one? :)

Both. I'm just a young pup, as things go. :D

(I kinda remember the Challenger, though.)