You are not logged in.

Monday, June 7th 2010, 11:33pm

Haven't noticed this thread.....

Freshman at a high school in Texas, All-Region Clarinet player...I've been into naval warfare since my grandfather, who served in Korea, introduced me to it.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "TexanCowboy" (Jan 9th 2011, 6:14am)

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 9:18pm

Much the same for me.

Quoted

28 back then when I posted my bit. 35 right now. location and job unchanged.

Was 43. Now 50. Location and job unchanged.

Kids now teenagers. Son nigh as big as I am... 8o

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 9:28pm

Quoted

Originally posted by perdedor99
I never introduced myself formally. My Jaime (James in Spanish). Last name Gueits. German and means little Otto (Grandpa was on the losing side on WW1).

I'm 41 years old. 12 years in my beloved Marine Corps, veteran of Gulf War 1(1991). Currently a National Guardsman with the Puerto Rican National Guard at the brigade level. (SSGT on th S-6 section) Enlisted in the Guard in 2002 after 9-11 but no chance to go the front yet. (Not looking forward to go there either) :-).

Divorced twice, one kid 12 years old. An accountant with the local cable company. Got my own office so that explain why it seems I'm always on line. :-)

Like the ground side of military things better but find this site very interesting and hope it last into the 1950's.

Whoa! I can't believe it has being four years.

Update:

I'm 45 years old. 12 years in my beloved Marine Corps, veteran of Gulf War 1(1991). Currently a fulltime National Guardsman with the Florida National Guard as one of five auditors for the State of Florida.

Divorced twice, working in ex-wife number three :D . Kid now is 16. As I said a military technician ( I'm a Federal employee but have to wear the military uniform all day) for the Florida National Guard. Still got my own office so that's why I'm online all the time. :D

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "perdedor99" (Jun 8th 2010, 9:29pm)

Tuesday, June 8th 2010, 10:06pm

- Name: eyup
- Nicknames: "...hey you!"
- Age: well, I remember there always being dirt, so I'm younger than dirt...
- Favorite style of ethnic food: Mexican (Taco Bell is not Mexican); barbarque
- Personal theme song: Song of the Volga Boatmen (Red Army Choir)
- Hat: you'd better believe it!
- Favorite color: Blue! No wait, black... AAAARrrrgh!
- Favorite anime series: Top Gear
- Pets: dust bunny named Bosco
- Languages spoken English, Engineerese
- Family: raised by wolves
- Hero: no, I'm not one yet...
- Favorite computer game: Microsoft Excel
- Monitor Resolution: 1440x900
- Favorite breath mint: wintergreen Tic-Tacs (they are REALLY hard to find these days)
- If you became dictator of the world, you would: make barbarque.
- People think you're crazy for liking: stormy weather.
- Preferred way to waste time: video games, internet, and books

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 12:30am

Top Gear is anime now?

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 2:16am

I've got that one!!

Quoted

- Personal theme song: Song of the Volga Boatmen (Red Army Choir)

Just amazing what they do with it.

The group as a whole has staggering vocal power with stunning dexterity.

Wednesday, June 9th 2010, 2:24am

The incredible thing is, I was talking with a chap on another forum who'd only ever heard the Glenn Miller version. I pulled up the Red Army Choir version and said "No, THIS is Song of the Volga Boatmen".

The guy was blown away by the running red tide of the REAL Volga Boatmen. (Admitted later he couldn't listen to the Glenn Miller version anymore.)