You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 11:54pm

Question on new Argentine CL

When I look at the picture above and check it against your specs two things come to mind.

1.) Shouldn't her bow raise a bit more - to 9,5m?

2.) Her specs speak of two planes and I wonder how to store them? Is that catapult off center? Could allow one plane on the cat and one on the deck abreast. However, turning the cat could be difficult that way. As I think her forward guns, bridge and funnel are too far aft for a balanced look (why is there such a huge gap between B turret and bridge btw), I'd check if those could be moved forward, freeing deckspace amidship for aircraft facilities, probably even a hangar.

What do you think?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Friday, July 20th 2012, 12:00am

I may add: I am not picking on you! It's just... a) I like your drawings generally and tend to check if there are new ones now and then. And b), for obvious reasons the SAE has to keep an eye on the Argentine. ;o)

Saturday, July 21st 2012, 10:24am

Boo hoo that nasty SAE bully! ;( (Only kidding!)

I could raise the bows a little more. It would be a good idea.

I envison a layout for the seaplanes like the Luigi Cardona or Raimondo Montecuccoli classes. I'd expect in peacetime to only have one aircraft aboard stowed on the cataput. In wartime the second would be stowed beside it. Persume a deck overhang on the port side where the boats are to starboard. Myself I can't see the catapults lasting long anyway.

I don't think the gap between B turret and the bridge is that big, mind you I am leery of blast effects. I'm thinking though of moving the torpedoes forward, perhaps allowing another overhang near the cataput, and moving the after 115mm mounts where the torpedoes are now. I might move A and B turrets back a bit too.