You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 12:28am

GTD 20 Airliner

GTD-20

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The drawing is not finished yet and before I carry on or think about parameters I would like to hear your opinions about the engines....
Sizewise the plane would be a candidate for a four engine plane but I am not too comfortable with that idea for a korean airliner.
What do you think? Would this plane work as it is? With two engines (maybe between 1700 and 2000 hp)? I mean most Airliners of comparable size in the thirties had four engines (though with much less power for each engine) but as this would be a design of the fourties I thought it could work. Actually my plane is smaller and would have less weight to carry than a C-46.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 12:37am

Without dimensions to judge by, it is hard to say but the extreme taper of the fuselage from cockpit to the empennage suggests that you're wasting much cabin volume or you have to bend double to enter the aircraft and straighten up as you walk forward; all of which would mitigate against it in commercial service. You might wish to consider a more tubular fueslage or put the taper on the ventral surface, rather than the dorsal.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 1:47am

How about this:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 2:00am

From my POV, it looks better, but still looks as if headroom could be an issue. Of course, without dimensions, it is all looks and no measurements.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 3:30am

The plane has a bit of a strong 1930s look rather than a 1940s look, at least to me. The very slim and dainty fuselage and that massive greenhouse cockpit are probably the design elements that'd give that impression.

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 1:32pm

Indeed. But don't forget the motto of the CHosen aircraft industry: "The day before yesterdays future."

Thursday, July 19th 2012, 1:37pm

Looks like a good plane for Chosens aircraft industry. Sure there will be better and more modern aircrafts but for such a small country it's a good plane .... my two cents.