You are not logged in.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 1:17am

NBOA calls for proposals

NBOA calls for proposals

The National Bureau of Ordnance Acquisition (NBOA), a government agency which has the responsibility to equip the Armed Forces of Chosen, wants to invite offers from all peace loving Nations of the world.
The great and beloved leader of Chosen, Primeminister Jong Un, has decided in agreement with the NBOA that the People of Chosen have a desperate need for chemical weapons, so that in the future, they are able to defend their soil from potential enemies.
Of course some respected Nations could have concerns about selling chemical weapons to the young Nation of Chosen and therefore, the great leader Jong Un wants to direct a few words to those who are still sceptical:
„Chemical weapons are a good thing to have and a bad thing to use. With the purchase of a considerable amount of chemical ordance the people of Chosen would like to pay homage to the sciences in general and the chemistry in particular. There is no intention to use chemical weapons for military purposes but for civilian purposes only.“

As there are no capacities for producing chemical ordnance in Chosen, the NBOA places the following orders:

-5,000 artillery grenades, 150mm, Diphosgene C2Cl4O2
-5,000 artillery grenades, 150mm, bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide C4H8Cl2S
-15,000 artillery grenades, 122mm, Diphosgene C2Cl4O2
-10,000 artillery grenades, 122mm, bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide C4H8Cl2S
-2500 Bombs, 500kg, Diphosgene C2Cl4O2
-2500 Bombs, 500kg, bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide C4H8Cl2S

-1,000,000 litres of bis(2-chloroethyl) sulfide C4H8Cl2S in canisters
-1,500,000 litres of Diphosgene C2Cl4O2 in canisters

Sincerely yours

Chun Moo-Bak (President of the NBOA)

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2012, 2:36am)

Friday, July 6th 2012, 6:01pm

The Government of Peru politely inquires into the intended civilian usage of chemical weapons.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 10:25pm

On an OOC note, I'm unaware of any historical or game precedent for one nation state to openly solicit other nation states (or corporate entites beyond it's borders) for Weapons of Mass Destruction. Such things invariably tend to be done domestically and secretly, or in rare cases, negotiated between specific countries (and again, in secret).

I'm also unaware of any possible civilian use for chemical warefare grenades, artillery shells, and bombs.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:08pm

Civilian could mean "for the protection of civilians."

Moreover scientists in Chosen are working on a method to fight vermins with gas filled 122mm artillery grenades. Details are of course "TOP SECRET".
Therefore I am unfortunately not authorized to reveal more informations about the "chemical weapon programme to ensure peace and protect the humanity (CWPEPPH)" how it is officially called.

Sincerely yours

Ps. There have been several alluring proposals been made by various countries. However, the NBOA still invites offers and welcomes any effort which contributes to the CWEPPH.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 4:20pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
scientists in Chosen are working on a method to fight vermins with gas filled 122mm artillery grenades.

Seriously? I think your civilians need protecting all right. From the government! Seems most of your crops aren't going to be edible. Still rolling barrages might help by ploughing the fields for the farmers too... :rolleyes:

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 6:15pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood
Seriously? I think your civilians need protecting all right. From the government!

QFT.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 6:24pm

The Government of the Empire of Bharat does not export chemical weapons.

OOC: Peru, Persia, and Hedjaz can't even manufacture the stuff, so they wouldn't respond.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 6:52pm

I do not know which "various countries" may have made "alluring proposals" to Chosen on this matter. Germany is *not* one of them. Neither Yugoslavia nor the Philippines has the capability of manufacturing such materials on an industrial scale.

The suggestion that such material can be used safely to control vermin borders on the unbelievable.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 7:17pm

Well, at the moment I can't talk too explicitly about the sort of vermins which are meant. There are high ranking officers in the Army of Chosen which would say those vermins are two legged, speak mandarin and are a plague to the people of Chosen....but that may be just rumors.

Sincerely yours

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 11th 2012, 7:17pm)

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 7:53pm

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 7:55pm

Quoted

Originally posted by ShinRa_Inc

what he said
You smug-faced crowds with kindling eye
Who cheer when soldier lads march by,
Sneak home and pray you'll never know
The hell where youth and laughter go.
-Siegfried Sassoon

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 8:02pm

What does that mean?

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 8:16pm

It means they're so astonished at that response that they don't know what to say.

Wednesday, July 11th 2012, 8:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
What does that mean?

It is a visual representation of someone being rendered speechless.