You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, July 5th 2012, 11:59pm

Wonsan Aircraft Company WAC-120 (mod. 1942)

Wonsan Aircraft Company WAC-120 (production model 1942)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The standard ground attack aircraft of the airforce and the coastal defence...versatile, rugged and well armed.

Crew: two (pilot, gunner)
Length: 10,73 m
Wingspan: 13.30 m

Empty weight: 3,610 kg
Loaded weight: 5,520 kg

Powerplant: 1x fourteen cylinder double row radial engine with 1550hp

Maximum speed: 515 km/h
Cruise speed: 365 km/h
Range: 1700 km
Service ceiling: 11,000 m

Armament: 2x 12,7mm Machineguns
2x 30mm Machinecannons
1x 12,7mm Machinegun for defence
800 Kg Bombs/ 1x Torpedo

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2012, 12:01am)

Friday, July 6th 2012, 12:25am

The only comment that immediately comes to mind is the height of the vertical fin and stabilizer; compared with the fuselage it seems small and perhaps lacking in area to handle the horsepower generated by the engine. That said, the drawing looks servicable and the specifications within acceptable limits, except maybe the weights - my instincts tell me that either the empty weight should be less or the max weight more, but I cannot put my finger on why.

Friday, July 6th 2012, 2:22am

Concerning the weight I used the B7A as a guidline as it has some similarities with my plane (size, role). You are maybe right with the weight, though the loaded weight isn't exactly the max. takeoff weight.

The Finsize is indeed an issue, but I decided to keep it like that with this model (I willl change it for the 1943 or 1944 version though.) Chosen designers are not as experienced as their european counterparts with aircraft engineering, so design-flaws sometimes happen.

This post has been edited 2 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jul 6th 2012, 2:26am)