You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 8:05pm

Songsun SSC-90 A-0 (Preproduction model)

SSC-90 A-0

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This would be a canditate for a new single seat fighter for Chosen.... It is supposed to be rugged, easy to maintain and affordable. It is not supposed to keep keep pace with first-line fighters of the mayor powers though.

Crew: one (pilot)
Length: 9.83 m
Wingspan: 11.12 m

Empty weight: 2,610 kg
Loaded weight: 3,290 kg
Max. takeoff weight: 3,580 kg
Powerplant: 1x fourteen cylinder douple row radial engine (1510 hp)

Maximum speed: 606 km/h
Cruise speed: 400 km/h
Range: 850 km
Service ceiling: 11,200 m

Armament: 4x 12,7mm Machineguns

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 8:37pm

Looks nice for your Chosen start. :)

Shouldn't the propeller shaft not be a little bit more in the center of the radial engine?

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 8:45pm

Thanks. Yes, you are right, it's a bit off center.

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 8:48pm

Regarding the engine, does Songsun build its own engines or will you have a separate company for that or will it be import?

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 9:27pm

I already thought about that question.... I don't think it is too realistic to if Chosen would have been able to built reliable and homemade enginesout of nowhere.
I would prefer to import engines for the first batches of planes and then later buy licenses to produce in factories in chosen.

Maybe Japan has some Engines to offer? Chosen can offer good wishes and girls in exchange. ^^

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Daidalos" (Jun 24th 2012, 9:28pm)

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, June 24th 2012, 11:29pm

Nice drawing, but I think her cockpit section is too small.

Monday, June 25th 2012, 12:05am

Well, not shure about the cockpit size, I oriented myself on other drawings I made and while the Cockpit isn't very spacious, I wouldn't say it's too small. The original design had another glassed area but I removed that for the pre-production model so I had a 'new' feature to offer for the serial production model.
Maybe the Canopy appears to be small because the plane is pretty massive. Morever it should be considered that the average Male in Chosen has the body size of a nine year old....

Monday, June 25th 2012, 3:40am

Quoted

Originally posted by Daidalos
Well, not shure about the cockpit size, I oriented myself on other drawings I made and while the Cockpit isn't very spacious, I wouldn't say it's too small. ... ... Maybe the Canopy appears to be small because the plane is pretty massive.

The canopy is small in relation to the rest of the aircraft, and it is very low. Forward visibility on the ground would be difficult, making take-offs dicey.

Monday, June 25th 2012, 12:31pm

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:01pm

I hope you dont mind me coming with a suggestion

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:25pm

No, you are welcome. Thanks for the input but for this plane your canopy looks to edgy for my taste.
To be honest I am yet not too convinced about the canopy issue....
I measured that my canopy would have a height of about 40cm in real life. Thats not sufficient to provide a great visibilty for the pilot but is it really impossibly small?
I am concerned that a higher canopy would fuck up the "line" of the plane....

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:30pm

Dont make the canopy higher then but deeper

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:47pm

Hmm....I don't know. I don't like the plane anymore....I will maybe think of something different for a chosen fighter...

Monday, June 25th 2012, 1:49pm

Much better

Monday, June 25th 2012, 11:31pm

Looks good and sure an usefull aircraft for the defense of Chosen

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 2:12am

I like the plane in the last picture best. It looks sleek but still potent, like a real fighter ought to be.

The first two drawings could work, I suppose, but I agree that the greenhouse is a bit small. That *could* be a realistic fault, though.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Tuesday, June 26th 2012, 8:51am

I agree. The version with the lower canopy you can probably use as prototype or race plane (for Talons?)....