You are not logged in.

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:16pm

The Chinese will need to develop some bouncing betties, then...

Monday, June 4th 2012, 11:49pm

Quoted

Originally posted by TexanCowboy
The Chinese will need to develop some bouncing betties, then...

Why would they need to develop land mines for an aircraft to be effective?

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Sachmle" (Jun 4th 2012, 11:49pm)

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:11am

In response to Bruce's comment.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 12:31am

Bouncing Betties were German land mines, I think you mean the Wallis bouncing bombs.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 1:04am

I still think China has earth burrowing torpedoes

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 5:44am

Quoted

Originally posted by Desertfox
Bouncing Betties were German land mines, I think you mean the Wallis bouncing bombs.

Employing torpedoes against hydroelectric dams is not an unreasonable tactic; some were employed by the US Navy during the Korean War, dropped from AD Skyraiders against some of the large dams in North Korea. Unfortunately, the results were not commensurate with the effort.

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 9:53pm

I'm still confused over that this wonder plane is supposed to do. Everything?

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:02pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

I think it is, except, perhaps, serve as a high altitude interceptor; and I suppose it could be adapted for that role. ?(

Tuesday, June 5th 2012, 10:06pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

In german we will say to this aircraft "Eierlegende Wollmilchsau" :D . Sorry ... but my english isn't good enough to translate it ?(

Wednesday, June 6th 2012, 7:50am

Compared to some over the top designs in Wesworld the corrected parameters of the plane shouldnt be too ambitious. Parador, you should maybe edit the first post as most people are relating to the parameters stated there.
Moreover I can't understand why people are that concerned about the Torpedo armament. As it was already said, the option to carry a torpedo (or bombs) should be considered to be a mere gimmick. The plane will most likely never drop a single torpedo in its operational service.