You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:13am

Royal Canadian Navy

Royal Canadian Navy

I've set up the RCN with the folllowing ships;

Repulse & Renown
Hermes
CL's Birkenhead, Chester
Three 6-5.5" cruisers that Gravina built (Diana class). This quarantines the 5.5" largely to Canada keeping the RN 6" with the exception of Hood.
Some V&W DD's
Some H class subs

If someone wanted to be creative in taking over the RCN at some stage then I think they be given the freedom to recast Repulse and Renown as Acradia and Quebec, 2 'improved Queen Elizabeth class' ships that are built under the 1912 bill. I'll allow 10 factories out of the GB total (53 at Q1 1929 after 10 taken out for Australia in 1928), the Infrastructure as Gravina has and 10% allocation of RN.

Cheers,

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 11:59am

Perhaps we could make an exception and make the Hood and the Three 6-5.5" cruisers that Gravina built (Diana class) all 6" armed?

I do recognise the current RCN preposal would be the easier plan, I'm just expressing my acceptance of this idea should it be preposed as a viable alternative option.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 3:08pm

The list sounds fine to me. Perhaps the 5.5" is built in Canada.

Sunday, November 6th 2005, 9:38pm

That would certainly make sence.

Monday, November 7th 2005, 2:54am

A small cruiser fits with not wanting to antagonise the neighbors. The origin of the 5.5" gun was from Greek cruisers (Chester and Birkenhead) that went on to Furious, Hood and then Hermes to make her common with Furious. If native Canadian shipbuilding started at the start of WW1 then using Coventry Works 5.5" guns is plausible. That and Canadians are just too wimpy to lift 6" shells ; )

Cheers,

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:10am

Wimpy, eh?

Monday, November 7th 2005, 4:50am

Hey! Watch it!! lol

Monday, November 7th 2005, 5:44am

Ya! I might be ex-Canadian but that still hurt my feelings too, you big meanie! :(``````

Monday, November 7th 2005, 11:30am

Quoted

Perhaps we could make an exception and make the Hood and the Three 6-5.5" cruisers that Gravina built (Diana class) all 6" armed?

So you want to pretend that a Canadian 5.5" is 6"? I bet you say that to all the girls ; )

Gravina's Diana class are very small cruisers. I think you could bend reality from 3 cruisers to two medium ones with 6" but I think we could leave that to whoever comes along.

At any rate, the RCN is 2 capital ships, a carrier, 5 cruisers and yet to be named DD and subs.

Cheers,

Monday, November 7th 2005, 3:29pm

Quoted

That and Canadians are just too wimpy to lift 6" shells

They're difficult to handle effectively when wearing hockey gloves.