You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 10:10pm

Germany

Due to Hrolf's continued absence, and Rocky's desire to stand down from sims (though we thank him for filling the hole! :) ), we've discussed the necessity of placing a permanent player for Germany. The mods feel overwhelmingly that our best person to fill the slot is BruceDuncan, who has agreed to take on this role, if there are no objections.

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 10:31pm

Even if he puts half the detail into germany that he does Yugoslavia, he'll do just fine!

Saturday, September 18th 2010, 10:44pm

Fine by me. Bruce has shown himself to be a capable, outstanding player who puts a lot of effort and detail into his work.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 10:24am

A fine choice, just the man we need for Teutonic domination of the East!

My advice is (as your British ally) "Go East young man.. go east!" :D

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 11:13am

Gets my vote as well, Bruce has been very active as Yugoslavia, and from what I have seen is a very level headed individual, and considering his attention to detail will likely fit in well as Germany.

Quoted

My advice is (as your British ally) "Go East young man.. go east!"

I do hope your talking just a wee bit farther east than Eastern Europe :).

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 11:17am

He should go west. Much more interesting... and if he goes far enough west, he'll eventually ends up in the east. :D

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 11:31am

*checks map* and if he goes far enough west, he winds up not only in the east but at his starting point. :P Less big blobs to go through if he goes south and if wants to take certain territories that belonged to the OTL German Empire on the Dark Continent I am sure he can find willing allies. :D

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 12:40pm

Well, and the story tells all other lurkers and newcomers - it is always worth participating. You´ll never know when the admins suddenly decided to throw a country at you! ;o)

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 6:58pm

There is no better man for the job ;)

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 7:25pm

Congrats BD, and let me say that I admire the amount of work you put into Yugoslavia

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 7:53pm

Welcome to the Big Leagues

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

My advice is (as your British ally) "Go East young man.. go east!" :D

Obviously, your... um.... ally.... isn't your friend.

Russia on the other hand can keep you swimming in oil.

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 8:00pm

Japan can keep you swimming in... uhm... sake... uhm... never mind. :)

Sunday, September 19th 2010, 11:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by HoOmAn
Well, and the story tells all other lurkers and newcomers - it is always worth participating. You´ll never know when the admins suddenly decided to throw a country at you! ;o)

I thank you all for your good wishes and I can but hope to live up to the expecations you have all thrust upon me. Taking over Germany will not be an easy experience - it is quite a step up in game play.

To that end, I do have to note that Yugoslavia has had dealings with Germany in the past, and several deals were in the process of negotiation and confirmation when Hrolf went quiet and Rocky took on the role of caretaker.

No.1 - Acquisition of the option quantity of 100 additional Fw190 fighters - when Yugoslavia made its initial purchase the deal included an option for a second batch of 100 aircraft. I contacted Hrolf on the matter shortly before he disappeared, and raised the issue with Rocky when he took charge; Rocky indicated that as if followed from a previous arrangement, there should be no problem.

No.2 - Acquisition of additional 88mm FLAK artillery and ancillary vehicles for towing, service etc. As the existing contracts are reaching their end, I asked Hrolf regarding an additional quantity of 100 guns and their support equipment; as he had gone silent, I again raised the issue with Rocky; he saw no objection to the follow on order.

These are the only two ongoing procurement deals between Yugoslavia and Germany.

To help me as I transition into the position, I would ask that if you have made any procurement deals, transfers, technical assistance pacts, licences, etc, between your nation and Germany, please advise me by PM so that I have a record of what is what.

Thank you!

:)

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Monday, September 20th 2010, 4:49am

Congrats Bruce :)