You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, May 19th 2003, 11:15am

new player?

As it stands aowwt is awol and no longer part of the sim so it looks like we need players to take over the former RRE. Unless anyone objects i nominate Red Admiral to control Italy which after exchanging E-mails was his choice of country's.

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Monday, May 19th 2003, 12:21pm

Hey...

"the former RRE"

There never was a former RRE, IIRC, that was just a plan so far. There´s no need to see that happen in our world now where aowwt is gone. And it´s maybe much better so.

As for Red Admiral: If he like´s to run Itlay I´ll have no problem with that. He´s around for some time and should know what we´re up for.

My question: Will he use the infrastructure as specified by aowwt or will we have to wait until he posts new italian infrastructure?

Note to Red Admiral: In my eyes you´re not bound to anything aowwt posted so far (infrastructure, news etc.) but it would help if you don´t change everything. Saves time, you know.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Monday, May 19th 2003, 1:01pm

Suits me fine

The current infrastructure suits me fine. I can see no problems with it.

Monday, May 19th 2003, 2:42pm

Fine with me

That's fine with me. Welcome aboard, Admiral.

J

Monday, May 19th 2003, 10:31pm

welcome aboard Admiral and cool and fast work Wes!

cheers

Bernhard

Monday, May 19th 2003, 11:38pm

germany

Now all we need to do is determine what happens to germany, it does have a large industrial capacity. As for thanking me, no need, we all have shown we are commited to this SIM and have done our part.

HoOmAn

Monday, May 19th 2003, 11:44pm

No Germans needed...

Personally I don´t think we need a player for Germany. This is a naval sim after all and Germanys navy is way too small to be interesting.

If you feel it necessary, I nominate The Rock Doctor to do the job. He already told us he could handle another small power.

Cheers,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 1:49am

well, Germany has a samll navy at the moment but that could change. The question is: how close do we want to be to historical political lines? (BTW I think that was the real conflict with aowwt). I like our fantasy world without most of the big players of Big Mistake II. Yes Japan is here but then I am German and thus the Pacific is not real my theatre ...

cheers

Bernhard

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 1:57am

well

If rockys up to it perhaps we should give it to him. I would myself as i find the prospect of designing alternate German designs exciting...but i have my hands full with a completly fictional country.

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 2:55am

Remember what infrastructure Germany is due to end acquire according to the rules, if we assume Germany had her historical navy prior to loosing the war - around 30 factories, and roughly 300 points, if memory serves. Even if Germany were to dedicate 100 points of that towards factories, that would still leave around 200 points for slips and docks.

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 5:14am

yeah

Germany definately has lots of infrastructure, perhaps they too should be nuetral? Any other ideas?

HoOmAn

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 11:28am

Germany neutral?

I actually think there´s no need for Germany (if played at all) to stay neutral. There are arcticles in our Cleito Treaty regarding Germany so it has its influence. It should be played and whoever controlls it should try to make the very best out of it, maybe even trying to get beyond the limits of the VT or CT, maybe trying to find allies helping etc.

Just my thoughts,

HoOmAn

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 3:32pm

Germany

I remain willing to play Germany if there's sufficient interest in having that country active.

The nation's substantial infrastructure could be a difficulty if fully utilized. However, the inability to make much use of that infrastructure would, to me, result in much of it being lost: the workforce would be laid off and move to other trades, the idle yards would rust out, etc. Other yards would become concerned only with building civilian shipping, in which case they'd also be "lost" to me as a player.

So although Germany may be entitled to a substantial amount of infrastructure, I would incorporate some economics and cut back the infrastructure to a level somewhere on par with Greece or India by the mid-20's. If the navy were then to increase back up in size, the infrastructure would increase again as well.

No ideas yet regarding politics or naval designs, since I am hazy at best on the historical situation in Germany before Hitler came around.

Can anybody point me to a list of the ships retained by Germany after the war?

J

PS: I'm "Rocky", now, am I?

HoOmAn

Tuesday, May 20th 2003, 4:06pm

Rocky (Horror) Show

Write me an email and I´ll provide you with all informations about Germany you might need.

Regards,

HoOmAn

harry the red

Unregistered

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 2:22pm

Italy under new management !

GOODY GOODY GUM DROPS. I have a neighbour once again that I can rattle the sabre at.

On second thoughts, in Greece’s situation it's more like rattling the flick knife.

Welcome to the Sim Red Admiral

I'm looking forward to a good old fashion tussle

harry

HoOmAn

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 2:45pm

*giggle*

GOODY GOODY GUM DROPS?!?!?!?!

Are you big in Japan?

Sounds like you´ve been in Jamaica for too long....

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 5:16pm

I'll get my stomping boots ready for Greece.

I bet Rhodes is a needle in your side.

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 5:55pm

Uh-oh

Seems war is already brewing between Italy and Greece. I'm curious what'll happen there in the Mediterranean Sea with those two there. :-)

As for Germany, I'd like to see what kind of impact it'll have on our alternate reality so I don't really like the idea of it remaining neutral.

Walter

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 10:30pm

Germany and Greece

When it comes to Germany we have ourselfs an enigma, they are bound to the treaty of versailles and as such cannot exceed a limited ammount of ships, but on the other hand Germany has a very large industrial capacity. In my opinion the fact that the UK has lost some of its territory's in our alternate world and is weaker perhaps an alternate end to WW1 should apply.
Perhaps germany was not beaten as badly and as such comes out slightly stronger and has less stingy tonnage alotments and has lost some of its factory production. How about a germany with 2 Badens and a few light cruisers? In an alternate world perhaps we should have an alternate treaty of versailles.
As for greece i wouldn't be so hasty to attack them or anyone else for that matter, at least not untill you find out who they may have alliances with!

Wednesday, May 21st 2003, 10:37pm

I suspect that if Germany was allowed to keep two dreadnoughts out of some 20odd they had at beginning of the war, they would not be allowed to keep the Badens - I'd rather think they'd be allowed a pair of Königs or Kaisers. Moreover, to let them keep any dreadnoughts, we would have to assume there was not scuttling of the Hochseeflotte, and then we start moving into quite a bit of rewriting of history. Besides, while Britain amy or may not have been weaker than historically, Europe alone has been filled almost to overflowing with dreadnought-capable nations, including the Netherlands, Iberia, Greece, and Nordmark, in addition ot the historical ones.