You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:47pm

Italian 1935 Pattern Esploratori

Hmmmm. I'm puzzled by the combination here: the designation says "Esploratori", which I translate as "scout-cruiser" (given the size of the ship), but the speed's only 31.77 knots. Also odd is the armor scheme: a 40mm deck, but no belt. With the low top speed, it won't necessarily be able to choose the range against opponents, so why the relatively heavy deck armor and no belt armor? It could be just me, I suppose, but still.....

Monday, November 26th 2007, 7:59pm

Its appeared before.

Not really a scout cruiser but of the correct size to qualify. Really shes an over large destroyer designed for fleet operations as normal sized destroyers lack the range and seakeeping for effective use.

Any fights with cruisers are going to be at a relatively long range hence the deck armour (+ dive bombers) but there is a lot of superstructure so the belt won't matter a great deal in a short range match up.