You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 8:53am

Clairification

Currently the CV Arrogant is undergoing a minor refit which involves the replacement of her 3" AA with 3.95" AA.

Quoted

2.2.2.2 Level 2: Minor Refits (cost = 15%, except for ships of 2,999 t light or less --> 5%)

-Changes to radar: P
-Alterations to guns of 65mm and smaller served by hoists: T
-Changes to depth charge racks and throwers: T
-Changes to mine rails (mines carried on deck): T
-Changes to torpedo carriages: T
-Changes to gun directors: T
-Minor changes to superstructure (enclosing a bridge, adding a searchlight platform): T

Am I to believe that modifications to guns larger than 65mm but smaller than 195mm not served by hoists can also be altered as well, or does that require a 25% level 3 refit? I currently have the refit as the later (25%).

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 10:12am

Firstly, which 3" AA guns? She's listed as having 8 single 4" guns.

From reading the infrastructure rules it looks like a 25% refit.

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 10:16am

Bah, your correct, for some reason I was thinking 3" AA as per the AA on my older BB's. I ask because it only mentions "served by hoists". I've listed her at 25% refit so if it was a 15% refit it would simply be a bonus.

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 3:13pm

The rules imply to me a 25% rebuild; but I'm actually thinking a 3"-4" deck gun should be more a smaller rebuild (unless it's on a submarine or requires deck strengthening to mount it).

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 4:32pm

I'd say the rules are fairly clear in this case: modifications to guns of 66-195mm, not requiring barbette alterations, are a 25% refit.

As far as the line about "Alterations to guns of 65mm and smaller served by hoists" in the 115% refit section, that's in contrast to the line in the 5% refit section that reads: "Alterations to guns of 65mm and smaller not served by hoists".

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 5:12pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Brockpaine
The rules imply to me a 25% rebuild; but I'm actually thinking a 3"-4" deck gun should be more a smaller rebuild (unless it's on a submarine or requires deck strengthening to mount it).

The thing is I'm going from a 4" gun to a 3.95" gun, not much change in weight yet costs an additional 3,178 tons.

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 6:06pm

To my understanding, that cost relates to the manufacturing of the new guns, mounts, altering the magazines to handle the different ammunition, fire control, etc. Also, the difference in 15 to 25% refit allows for life-extention alteration, which in the case of a carrier would include updating all the handling and stowage equipment for modern aircraft as opposed to the 20s era planes she was designed for.

Wednesday, October 7th 2009, 6:22pm

Good points, seems fair enough then.