You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, July 28th 2003, 8:44pm

Madrid Herald 2.6.1921

Iberia to hold air show.

The Defence Ministry of Iberia invites all Nations to the 1st Madrid International Air Show. The Armada ist reconstructing two cruisers into experimental aircraft carriers and invites all nations to demonstrate their latest designs as it has been decided not to invest into the build-up of a national aircraft industry at this time.

Monday, July 28th 2003, 10:16pm

interesting

Well Atlantis currently has 1 CV, 2 hybrid carriers and 4 float plane carriers. The two hybrids are due to be converted into seaplane carriers and one, the ANS Active has been decomissioned but the CV Siboney is still active. As for aircraft Atlantis has several naval fighters and is also developing torpedo planes as well.
When shall the date for the airshow be set? Take a look at the aircraft design board to see what planes Atlantis has developed for its naval forces.

Monday, July 28th 2003, 10:59pm

Thu, 1.9.1921 to Sun 4.9.1921, the weekend will be open to the public.

Monday, July 28th 2003, 11:15pm

ok

Atlantis will make preperations to put on the best possible show.

Tuesday, July 29th 2003, 6:45pm

Are you sure you want to risk the lives of the visitors to the airshow ?!
I mean, if Oonishi Manzo gets his hands on this issue of the Madrid Herald, you'll be in trouble ! :-)

Walter

Tuesday, July 29th 2003, 7:32pm

That intrepid aviator Manzo

Clearly someone, somewhere will be in trouble, but it strikes me that telling him exactly where it is would be the perfect protection/countermeasure.

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 3:30am

you lost me, folks

anything the Iberian police needs to know?

Bernhard

17inc

Unregistered

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 7:22am

the RAN will atnend as well

A battle group made up of CV HMAS Hobart with 5 CLs 10 DDs will atened the AIR show the wing will be made up 25 figthers 45 tropdeo bombers and 5 recon aircaft so i hope to see you all there on the day .

Thursday, July 31st 2003, 5:56pm

Well Bernhard,
Oonishi Manzo is the most infamous... I mean famous aviator in Japan (in the Westworld's Japan that is). He flies in his famous Akaryu II...
III ! I mean Akaryu III !
... the Akaryu III which is a modified Blériot SPAD XIII.
While in wartime his navigational skills in the sky are truly exceptional, in peacetime if he were to fly from Paris to London, he would end up in Sidney (we generally ignore the fact that his plane would run out of fuel long before that). A British pilot who flew with him shortly after the war, remarked that "if Oonishi's skills were as horrible on the ground as they were in the sky, he wouldn't even be able to find the bedroom in his own house. That is, if he would be able to find his house in the first place".
He also has this habit of crashing into buildings/landmarks giving him the nickname "Kurasshu" (Japlish for "Crash").

The planes of Oonishi Manzo:
It is believed that he crashed a number of planes during the Great War, but details to these crashes are unknown.
Aoryu I => Crashed into the Emperor's study at the Imperial Palace at Kyoto (Kyoto-jo Incident, 1919). Was kicked out of the palace by the Empress Kameko (his sister-in-law).
Aoryu II => Crashed into the bath room area of the Shogun's Castle at Edo (Edo-jo Incident, 1919). Was seen running for his life through the streets of Edo, being chased by a livid sword-wielding Maeko (his other sister-in-law)
Aoryu III => Crashed on the Western slope of Fuji-Yama (Fuji-San Incident, 1919). Was chased off the mountian by a furious group of pilgrims.
Aoryu IV => Crashed into the I-0 (zero) submarine at Kagoshima (Kagoshima Sub Incident, 1919). Was seen being chased by the angry submarine crew. The Kagoshima Sub Incident resulted in the first submarine sunk by a Japanese aviator.
Aoryu V => Crashed into his own home (a true miracle he actually found it) at Yokohama (Oonishi Incident, 1920). Despite a "Hi honey ! Like I promised, I'm just in time for dinner !", he was thrown out of the house by his wife.
Akaryu I => Was found floating upside down in the Thames River in London after Oonishi tried to fly over Tower Bridge's road deck (Tower Bridge Incident, 1920). Oonishi was found drunk in a bar.
Akaryu II => Crashed in Coldmere (Coldmere Incident, 1921). This is the most recent crash. Details to be revealed later. :-)
Akaryu III => Current plane in use.

Walter

Friday, August 1st 2003, 1:05am

Quoted

Originally posted by 17inc
A battle group made up of CV HMAS Hobart with 5 CLs 10 DDs will atened the AIR show the wing will be made up 25 figthers 45 tropdeo bombers and 5 recon aircaft so i hope to see you all there on the day .

The RAN is very welcome to visit our harbours. We will even provide silpways for the tracked ships of the RAN to get out of the water and make their way overland to Madrid ;-) (SCNR)

No seriously, all foreign warships ar welcome to visit Cadiz during the airshow. Madrid sadly is landlocked.

cheers

Bernhard

Friday, August 1st 2003, 1:13am

Quoted

Oonishi Manzo is the most infamous... I mean famous aviator in Japan (in the Westworld's Japan that is). He flies in his famous Akaryu II...

hmm. I will ignore him for this airshow. Ife shows up and creates one of his usual catastopes, he might at the very least get PNGd ....

Bernhard

Friday, August 1st 2003, 5:05pm

India will likely send a small delegation including one or two each of the Baagh fighters and Dhairya scout-bombers. Exact logistical details will be reported later, but it's safe to say that the aviation ship Otta will not be travelling to Cadiz; she will only just be starting her shakedown cruise.

Germany will send a group of observers.

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 2:42pm

Italy, not to be outdone, shall be sending 3 brand new Caproni 47s to Madrid none-stop from Sardinia.

They will be carrying the Honorable Carlo Shanser who says he is very interested in aircraft....

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 3:25pm

Sweet....!

While the RAN sends a large part of its fleet to Iberia the RSAN prepares to invade Australia now where resistance will be low at sea making it easy to bring enough troops to australian beaches...... >]

Seriously, there will also be an official SAE delegation at Madrid. The SAE is still lacking in airplane industries and thus partnerships and licenses are what the delegation will be looking for.

Wednesday, August 6th 2003, 6:05pm

http://www.geocities.com/red_admiral_italy/caproni47.html

Forgot to give a link to a picture i cobbled together.

17inc

Unregistered

Thursday, August 7th 2003, 3:51pm

well look out for 1,000,000 man Army then

well HoOman look? for a 1,000,000+ man army to take you on and you will not there no BBs in gruop at the airshow.