You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Wednesday, January 16th 2008, 10:46pm

A few questions

Are news and stories for countries only?

Wesworld is OTL + ?

Prodution time for Tanks and Aircraft?

Production capacity?

Kaiser Kirk

Lightbringer and former European Imperialist

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 3:04am

In my opinon

This is *my* understanding, elder players and Mods are of course welcome to berate me and issue corrections.

1) News and stories are not necessarily restricted to countries. However, there are practical problems with non-country stories.

The player of a country has control of events inside that country and must be consulted regarding events directly effecting that country. Further that player is custodian of that country's history and past events.

Example : I posted a hypothetical raid on India, a real raid never would happen (much to Admiral Pienaar's disappointment) without first discussing it with the Indian player.

However, the Indian player can indicate support for insurgent movements in my realm...but it's up to me how and if I want that support to bear any fruit.

Since most locations are within player countries (not many NPCs out there), or effect them, thats where most of the news is.

2) In Wesworld, there have been substantial historical deviations from OTL, but the sharp break was about 1917.
Generally speaking Wesworld is on the OTL for technology.

The biggest exception is the aeronautical realm, which is +3 years for "current" (i.e. OTL 1938 production tech is "current" for 1935 Wesworld) and up to +5 years for "bleeding edge", which often requires some backing story if it is particularly innovative.

Italy is the best example, RA pushes that curve aggressively, but has built a storyline of Italy being a world leader in aircraft engines and being willing to field limited numbers of combat aircraft with engines requiring large amounts of handwork.

It should be noted that the point of the aircraft advance is to toy with advanced prop planes in the 1945-1950 period, as Jet tech will not be similarly advanced.

As a result of advanced aircraft, naval AA tech is also a bit ahead of the curve, with the vessels being far heavier armed with AAA, the first radar sets fielded, etc.

Tanks and armor started to creep ahead, with 50-55mm cannon fielded, but after a discussion (Indian thread? SA?) tanks are supposed to be 'period' or reasonably close. Again, a good rationale helps "sell" anything odd.

3) Production time... no stipulation other than be reasonable. Tanks 10-20/mo, planes probably twice that for a single firm.

4) Production capacity...also be reasonable.

Examples: Reynard aircraft is a small Belgian concern with one factory. They will be gaining a government order for the R-37, at which point it will take some time to gear up and then they might generate 20 fighters a month.

Fokker Aircraft is one of the leading manufacturers with a substantial civil division and factories and affiliates in several countries. They could generate a great deal more fighters should the financial incentive be there.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Kaiser Kirk" (Jan 17th 2008, 9:51am)

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 2:37pm

That sounds right to me.

Vukovlad, there are a few smaller PCs sitting idle at the moment - Brazil, Persia, Philippines, Chosen. The mods might be amenable to handing one over.

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 2:59pm

Heh, and one of them actually has a hot war going on: Brazil's involved in the nastiness in South America.

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 5:53pm

Jumping into a war might be a tad unwise for a Noob and Gothia finally is getting orders

I asked about the news section since it seems to be the place to introduce new equipment

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 5:56pm

But why not also use the opportunity and possibly take over a country?

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 6:02pm

For news you could always post stuff that isn't in the public eye, e.g. Bendix Trophy in the US etc. that isn't covered. Or do some analysis of the other news events.

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 6:09pm

Perhaps taking over a country wouldn´t be so wrong, BTW I noticed that several countries are listed as both Player and Non Player Countries

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 6:20pm

Persia may be a reasonbly sized nation for you to take over, and they are not at war! If Walters up for it you might like to pick Chosen.

The Phillipines is slightly larger and more complex while Brazil, as you say, is at war and my not be an easy task.

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 6:35pm

Aren´t all those listed as having a player? Persia is tempting.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (Jan 17th 2008, 6:36pm)

Thursday, January 17th 2008, 6:43pm

The players of those nations have either been awol for a long LONG time or have given up control due to real life issues. Brazil is an unknown right now.

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:12pm

If it is Ok with the other players I would like to take over Persia (while retaining GW). If it is approved i do need help to get to grips with the infrastructure rules

Friday, January 18th 2008, 5:53pm

Persia's large northern neighbor

is okay with this.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "AdmKuznetsov" (Jan 18th 2008, 5:54pm)

Friday, January 18th 2008, 6:37pm

India

Welcomes their fellow partner into the Great Society of Satsuma. Hope we can continue this relationship for a long time. Or at least until the 1950's. (I think that is were the SIM will end IIRC)

Friday, January 18th 2008, 6:55pm

If Springsharp turns into something that can design 1950-present day ships the sim could go on indefinately.

Sunday, January 20th 2008, 11:41pm

Any news on taking over Persia?

Sunday, January 20th 2008, 11:48pm

The way I see it, if anyone has any objections...
... then they are too late now. :)
Welcome to SATSUMA.

Monday, January 21st 2008, 12:31am

There you have it, a fellow SATSUMA member says its ok so unless we have any further objections....

Monday, January 21st 2008, 12:39am

As I already stated, too late for objections now. :D

Monday, January 21st 2008, 12:46am

Time to start researching the Persian Army and Airforce!