You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, December 25th 2006, 2:12am

Filipino News - Q4/32 + Q1/33

Keeping it short this time - I'm all newsed out after the Presidential election thingy. Filipino news is my Xmas present to you! Savor it!

Edit - for some reason the new board won't let me capitalize "F.I.N.E.R." or "Q1/33" in the subject...
--

Filipino Information News and Entertainment Radio (F.I.N.E.R.)
October 1932-March 1933

4 October

It is El Presidente's birthday, and the perfect day for him to outline his ambitious second-term agenda.

After a photo-op birthday celebration with Vice-President José Avelino cutting the cake, Presidente de la Vega launched directly into his first press conference. He intends to stick to his campaign promises and agenda, which are as follows:

1. The eradication of El Derretir from las Filipinas.
2. Continued work to remove violence from the political process.
3. Strengthening of the military, particularly the Armada and Fuerza Aerea.

The country should also expect a series of Cabinet shakeups and Secretarial nominations, Supreme Court nominations, and Senate confirmation hearings for both.

"Let me put it this way," El Presidente told one reporter. "I have earned capital in this election, political capital. And I intend to spend it."

20 November

The research vessel Pacifica has returned to Macquarie Island. The newly finished port there will prevent her from being nearly dashed on the rocks once more...

In other news, Manila is once again an open city to those who have received the El Derretir vaccine. Damage from fire and looting was surprisingly mild outside of Intramuros, which has been heavily damaged. Government offices have reopened.

25 December

Feliz Navidad!

1 January

The new heavy cruiser Basilan was laid down in Manila today. Basilan and her sister, Negros (to be laid down in roughly two weeks), will "fill a tonnage and capability gap that had been a Filipino weakness for many years", said AdF spokesman Commodore Garcia. "We feel that these new cruisers will be the best of their kind in the region."

Also new are a series of small submarines, the Agulón class, modeled after an Indian design. The new sub is a departure from previous AdF types in that it is a coastal type, the antithesis of the large, gun-armed Trucha submarine cruisers recently completed.

The AdF says it will order "between six and twenty" of the new coastal subs.

5 February

Presidente de la Vega nominated 2 Supreme Court justices today. Both are centrists and are expected to pass the Senate confirmation hearings easily.

29 February

The Fuerza Aerea and the the Glenn L. Martin Company have announced the adoption of the Martin 123, or "B-10" as the new standard bomber for the FAF, expected to steadily replace the Curtis B-2A Condor currently in service. It will be the first all-metal monoplane bomber in the FAF.

[align="center"]
B-10 production begins at Martin's Filipino factory.[/align]

A floatplane version has also been ordered for the Aerea Armada de Filipinas. No word yet on whether such an aircraft will be torpedo-capable..

17 March

The Indian and Peruvian naval attaches have been spotted frequently entering and exiting AdF headquarters. The coastal battleship Lima, sold to Peru several years ago as a "snub on the nose" to Chile, may be involved in the discussions. Perhaps the Peruvians want to refit her... but will El Presidente negotiate with a country that has courted the Iberians so flagrantly?

20 March

The inter-island quarantine has been fully lifted. Vaccine distribution has already impacted most urban areas in Luzon and Mindanao.

This post has been edited 8 times, last edit by "Alikchi" (Dec 25th 2006, 2:19am)

Monday, December 25th 2006, 5:18am

Quoted

"Let me put it this way," El Presidente told one reporter. "I have earned capital in this election, political capital. And I intend to spend it."

Why do I have a bad feeling... ;)

Monday, December 25th 2006, 6:12am

Quoted

Originally posted by CanisD

Quoted

Why do I have a bad feeling... ;)

Hehe. How could things possibly get worse? We shall see...

Do you recognize the quote? :D

Monday, December 25th 2006, 9:00am

Quoted

Do you recognize the quote?

Yes, and that's what worries me!

Tuesday, December 26th 2006, 11:27pm

Quoted

A floatplane version has also been ordered for the Aerea Armada de Filipinas. No word yet on whether such an aircraft will be torpedo-capable..

The Phillipines has purchased a number of He-59s in the past, which were intended for torpedo-bombing. So the float B-10s could be replacements for these.

Thursday, December 28th 2006, 9:27pm

"Be afraid! Be very afraid!"