You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, November 29th 2003, 6:46pm

Modern Ships

I want to design some modern warships, carrying missles, computers and automatic guns. I therefor have some springsharp related questions:

1. can I put the missles and computers in "Misc weight" and get a true result. What does for example a Sea Dart or Terrier system weigh?

2. How much does weight fo I need to put on for a helicopter and hangar?

3. Engines, can I simulate gasturbines, modern light weight engines etc?

HoOmAn

Keeper of the Sacred Block Coefficient

Saturday, November 29th 2003, 11:05pm

Modern vessels

Hi Psilander...

1) Missles are a problem. Volume is more an issue than weight when simming them (launchers and magazins). If you use VLS for example you need deckspace for the cells and that difficult to judge with springstyle data. Only a sketch can help you here.

2) Helis are the smallest problem I guess because you can sim them with the rules normally applied to floatplanes. Helis doesn´t weight much more and the heli pad is as large as the deckspace necessary for a catapult in most cases. Same for the hangar(s)...

3) Light weight engines and gas turbines are problematic too. Spring* takes care of engine development making newer engines more weight effective than older ones but I doubt the results can be used for gas turbines. Same for range.

Hope this helps,

HoOmAn