You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 3:24pm

Talons over Cordoba 1932

The Fuerza Aerea Argentina has annouced this years contest to be held at the Cordoba AB will take place Oct 3-9.

All nations are welcome and all fighters. This year the judges have ammended the rules.

1) Any nation can enter two fighters, they can be different types
2) Carrier based fighters are welcome
3) Entries must be production machines, that is to say they must be in service or approaching the end of testing and entering service within six months. This does not cover any modifications to service machines
4) Engine tuning is allowed and some engine modifications
5) No armament to be fitted, ballast to weight of guns must be added.
6) Radios if fitted must be left in
7) Pilots must have over a year of flying experience on single-engined types, test pilots are also allowed but other civilians are not.

All courses will be indentical to last year.
We await the next contest with much anticipation.

"Those magnificent men in their flying machines..."

Small print: all film rights belong to the FAA, all pictures under copyright.

Saturday, September 16th 2006, 4:03pm

There are about 50 in service serving as an interim type before the adoption of the faster, CH.1bis or Ca.165. The pilot will be de Bernardi, having stepped down from Ravi in 1928 following his victory in the Schneider Trophy flying the M.39. Since then he has been the main test pilot of the Caproni company, and notably in 1931 won the international aerobatics competition in Ohio. The plane itself has shown itself to be superior to the CR.32 in speed and climb, with maneuverability similar. Maintenance on the CH.1 is much easier. 2 machines will be sent, 1 standard and one with a new Caproni supercharger hopefully reestablishing power up to 5000m. However, development has been struggling so far.

Type: Caproni-Chiodi CH.1
Function: Fighter
Year: 1931 Crew: 1 Engines: 1 * 560hp Piaggio P.IX RC.40
Wing Span: 8.60m Length: 7.19m Height: 2.90m Wing Area: 19.00m2
Empty Weight: 1400kg Max.Weight: 2000kg
Speed: 377km/h Ceiling: Range: 1000km
Armament: 2*mg7.7mm

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 3:39am

The Royal Siamese Air Force will enter a single Fiat CR.32, pilot to be announced.

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 5:47am

Australia will enter a pair of RANAS Boeing F4Bs. Also present for demonstrations will be the "Black Swans", the prototype CAC-7 Shrike, and the CAC-Gloster VI racers(if they survive)

Mexico will again have the TNCA-Azcarte Tololoche II (souped up), and a Spartan FN-8 "Cyclone". The Tololoche is now in limited production. The Tololoche will be flown by Mr Lascurain.

Sunday, September 17th 2006, 9:27am

Nordmark will probably send a Sopwith Odin, which will be just commencing full production when the contest starts.

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 9:30am

The United States delegation will consist of Navy Lieutenant Commander John S. Thatch and Army Air Corps pilot Major James H. Doolittle. Commander Thatch will be flying a Boeing F4B-4, the latest version of the venerable F4B series which will enter fleet service later this year. Major Doolittle will be flying another Boeing craft, the new P-26 “Peashooter” which is the United States’ first all-metal monoplane fighter and which will also enter service later this year.

Type: Boeing F4B-4
Year: 1932 Crew: 1 Engines: 500hp Pratt & Whitney R-1340-17 Wasp air-cooled radial engine
Wing Span: 30 ft. Length: 20 ft. 4 in. Height: 9 ft.
Empty Weight: 2,185 lbs. Max.Weight: 2,690 lbs.
Speed: 190 mph Ceiling: 26,300 ft. Range: 570 miles
Armament: Twin .30 caliber machine guns, 244 lbs. bomb lead

Type: Boeing P-26
Year: 1932 Crew: 1 Engine: 600hp Pratt & Whitney R-1340-27 Wasp air-cooled radial engine
Wing Span: 27 ft. 11.5 in. Length: 23 ft. 10 in. Height: 10 ft. 5 in.
Empty Weight: 2,197 lbs. Max.Weight: 2,955 lbs.
Speed: 234 mph Ceiling: 27,400 ft. Range: 360 miles
Armament: Twin .30 caliber machine guns, 200 lbs. bomb load

Wednesday, September 20th 2006, 11:03pm

The Royal Air Force will be represented by a Gloster Gauntlet, piloted by Flying Officer Tom Dooley, and a Hawker Fury piloted by Flying Officer Basil Heath. Two proposals for modified aircraft were rejected, that of Bristol to fit a "Pegasus" engine to the Gauntlet, and that of Hawker to fit the experimental but promising Rolls-Royce Peregrine to a Fury.

Type: Gloster Gauntlet
* Crew: 1
* Length: 26ft 9in (8.05m)
* Wingspan: 32ft 9in (9.99m)
* Height: 10ft 4in (3.12m)
* Loaded weight: 3,970lb (1,801kg)
* Powerplant: 1× Bristol Mercury VI S2 9-cylinder radial , 645hp
* Maximum speed: 230mph at 15,800ft (370km/hr at 4,825m)
* Range: 460mi (740km)
* Service ceiling: 33,500ft (10,210m)
* 2x0.303in Vickers machine guns

Type: Hawker Fury
* Crew: One
* Length: 26 ft 9 in (8.15 m)
* Wingspan: 30 ft 0 in (9.14 m)
* Height: 10 ft 2 in (3.10 m)
* Wing area: 250 ft (76.2 m)
* Empty weight: 2,734 lb (1,240 kg)
* Loaded weight: 3,609 lb (1,637 kg)
* Powerplant: 1× Rolls-Royce Kestrel IV V12 engine, 640 hp (477 kW)
* Maximum speed: 223 mph at 16,500 ft (360 km/h at 5,030 m)
* Service ceiling: 29,500 ft (8,990 m)
* Rate of climb: 2,600 ft/min (13.2 m/s)

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 12:07am

"Go"
"I dont wanna"
"Go thats an order"
"Why so I be third I only one competion.They go our nation distingian wrong,black two headed eagle insted of a white one headed one.That just looks bad"
"Either that or You will be flying altylery spotter blimps for the rest of your carier"
"Ok Ill Go"

offitial news.
Poland send the same pilot and the same aircraft again.
P.7a

Thursday, September 21st 2006, 3:27pm

Quoted

offitial news.
P.7a

Yeah, I was having problems to avoid that one.

Friday, September 22nd 2006, 11:41pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral

Quoted

offitial news.
P.7a

Yeah, I was having problems to avoid that one.

I think that's a consequence of the rules on experimental aircraft.

I'd hoped to send something really outlandish, though I wasn't sure what, until I saw that...

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 11:28am

Theres really only one choice for outlandish RAF designs, the Westland Pterodactyl

Tailess turret fighter. It flew reasonably well, just a bit underpowered.

Saturday, September 23rd 2006, 8:19pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Red Admiral
Theres really only one choice for outlandish RAF designs, the Westland Pterodactyl

Tailess turret fighter. It flew reasonably well, just a bit underpowered.

Underpowered, eh?

We'll soon see about that...

Monday, September 25th 2006, 7:20pm

India regrets that it will not be able to participate in this year's contest.

Ubiwan

Unregistered

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 8:38am

The chinese delegation will consist of the Air Force pilots Major Feng Yuxiang and Commander Zhang He.

Feng Yuxiang will be flying his red Shennong SF201-A-E, it's the latest version the famous chinese aircraft, equiped
now with a BMW VII with 500 kW (max. speed: 380 kph, cruise speed: 310 kph, ceiling 9700m, range: 800km).
Commander Zhang He is flying a blue, red stripped Gangchuan F-2A Fighter, with a Huang Po VII Engine with
750hp, a max. speed of 340 kph, range of 500km and a ceiling of 8100m).

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 5:29pm

Zhang He?!?! Oh noooo!!!
Worse than King Kong! Worse than the Killer Rabbit!!
:-)
Play KOEI's Dynasty Warriors series to know why...

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 9:53pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Rooijen10
Zhang He?!?!
Play KOEI's Dynasty Warriors series to know why...

And for those of us who don't play computer games, could you enlighten us maybe.........

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 10:57pm

Quoted

And for those of us who don't play computer games, could you enlighten us maybe.........

I will. Buy a PS2 or X-Box. Buy Dynasty Warriors 3. Play as Zhang He and enjoy his dialogue at the Battle of Jie Ting.

But if you do not want to waste your money...

... good ol' Zhang He in the game is kinda... weird (I read that some gamers believe him to be gay (well he does sounds a bit like that), but others say that he is a Narcissist (and when you play him many times, he does seem to be like that)).

The start of the Battle at Jie Ting (DW 3 style... if I remember it correctly... I would have to start up the game to see if I got it correct... but I'm too lazy to do that. I have played that one batle so many times because I just enjoy watching that part)

Soldier: "Report from the spies. The main Shu force has definitely camped!"
Zhang He: "So was the enemy camp pretty?"
Soldier: "What? Ahh... It was normal I suppose..."
Zhang He: *turning to his troops* "People! We must destroy their formation with a beautiful one of our own. This is the Art of Battle. Now... you will see."
... and then all the soldiers take a pose that is a bit like Travolta's in SNL

Beautiful?!?! Art of Battle?!?! *Bashes head against the wall*

Doesn't matter who you play in the battle, it always start out that way... as does the next bit...

... further in the game after you (quoting from the Zhang He DW FAQ by OneWinged-Dragon) "slaughter Ma Su like the sassy little brat he is"...

Zhang He: *observing the path leading down the 'mountain'* "A downhill charge like falling blossoms... People, let's dance around them."

Falling blossoms?!?! Dance around them?!?! *Bashes head against the wall some more*

... quit game and start the battle again. :-)

Funny thing is that I cannot remember any of the other important lines of the main DW characters in any of the DW games... but his just stand out.

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 11:16pm

It could have been Lu Bu....but then the swarth of destruction at the races would be measured only in the blood of men, women, and children.....

Tuesday, September 26th 2006, 11:29pm

Lu Bu: "Bah! Fodder!!" *Kills some more people*

Wednesday, September 27th 2006, 12:04am

Okay, typing about it made me want to play DW3 again.
... It was much worse than I could remember... O_O
*edits post to correct the dialogue*
... Sure hope Wesworld's Zhang He isn't like this!!!