You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to WesWorld. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 6:23pm

Persia Q3/37

August 3, 1937

The Ministry of Defence have sent a number of units to reinforce the forces currently based in Bactria the reinforcements include 3 Zhayedan Battalions, 2 Gyan-avspar Battalions and the 10 gendarme companies trained for international duties as well as units from the Air Force and Naval Air service.

The Slave trade investigation is ongoing and the Ministry of Foreign affairs have informed Bharat and Afghan authorities that hot pursuits may occur.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 3:39am

August 15th, 1937

An artist rendition of an interesting photo of a EWIL EW 205 undergoing hot and high tests in the Baluchistan dessert. The most interesting thing is not that the EW-205 is being tested in Persia or even that the Persian Air Force seem to consider the aircraft but the unusual nationality marking (see below) that might be contemplated due to criticism that the current marking is hard to quickly identfy as was claimed by both domestic and foreign pilots during Hammer 36.

In other interesting news the 2nd Azadan Brigade and 3rd Grivpanvar Brigade has been declared operational but not the Persian based 1st Savaran Brigade.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Vukovlad" (May 19th 2009, 3:43am)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 3:47am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad

Hm, looks like redneck camo duct tape. (Sorry, it does!)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:06am

There is camo duct tape? Hmm, why?

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:19am

And for those curious

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:31am

Quoted

Originally posted by Vukovlad
There is camo duct tape? Hmm, why?

Because it's redneck. :P Seriously, when I saw the plane, I remember seeing some chap who covered his pickup truck in that camo duct tape rather than fix his paint job.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:47am

Too bad i was hoping to use a variant as the marin camo...

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 5:01am

Is that a MiG?

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 5:05am

Well, use the camo not the MiG-17....

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:43pm

The Government of Great Britain would like to offer any assistance it could give in the slave trade investigations. This barbarity must be stamped out, the Royal Navy in the 1800s stopped the African slave trade and we are willing to carry on this noble work.

Heh, nothing worse than cars held together with tape. In the UK the rear ends of Ford Mondeos seem the best candidates for tape. I'm sure camo tape would catch on over here!

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:45pm

Just don't let Jeremy Clarkson see it! :D :P

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:52pm

Stop

May be in UK Ford Mondeos are the best candidates for using tapes but not in Germany !!! I drive a mondeo !!! X(

IC:
I think it's an internal affair for Persia !! Also the Persian has strong allies in his SATSUMA Alliance and China will stay side by side with persia !

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "parador" (May 19th 2009, 4:58pm)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 4:58pm

At least in Europe Ford knows what to call it. Here in the US I still can't figure out if its supposed to be called the "Fusion" or the "Five Hundred" (seriously, what kind of name is that?)

My Grand Marquis, despite my family taunting it as a "Grandpa Car", has without doubt been the most solid car anyone in my family has ever owned. The Fusion/500/Mondeo line is apparently in that same category.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 5:10pm

Quoted

May be in UK Ford Mondeos are the best candidates for using tapes but not in Germany !!! I drive a mondeo !!!

It is obvious that all the good stuff is sent to the main land and all the crap ends up in England. :D

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 5:20pm

Here in England we say Ford means F***d Or Repaired Daily.

Probably German built ones are better, the Brits have only ever built rustbuckets. Its the sad truth. A friend of mine brought a Rover 75 and has spent hundreds on it ever since in parts, a former collegue brought a Vauxhall Vectra and spent months in the garage with hundreds of different problems and spare parts.

My familly having owned Volkswagens and Skodas for years have never had a problem. IMHO Skodas are the best you can get with great dealer support and cars that run good without gaffer tape!

IC: China's response shows how rattled Satsuma now is rallying to their allies (when India rules the show in Persia anyway) so quickly when all we wanted to do was offer friendship and support in an international matter. What a shame we can't work together so well across the world. I guess the question over the little islands will never get solved that way. Obviously China doesn't like international co-operation.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 6:33pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

Let's not forget FIAT = Fix It Again Tomorrow!!

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 6:41pm

I used to have a low opinion of Fords but now that I own one thats changed. Right now they are the best managed of the three big auto companys in North America.

Remeber, FORD also stands for "First on race day".

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 7:31pm

Persia will gratefully accept any intelligence aid that the UK can offer as we understand that the British information network is far better in the areas we suspect are most afflicted by this abhorrent trade. From what the Persian investigations have uncovered so far most of the slaves seem to originate in Central Asia and the trade seem to be directed towards Persia-Arabia and South Asia, it also seems that the troubles immediatly following the transfer of Bactria from British to Persian authority sparked the renewal of this western pipeline.

OOC: Persia abolished slavery in 1928 OTL and I have seen no reason to change this.

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 7:36pm

Quoted

Originally posted by Hood

Probably German built ones are better, the Brits have only ever built rustbuckets. Its the sad truth. A friend of mine brought a Rover 75 and has spent hundreds on it ever since in parts, a former collegue brought a Vauxhall Vectra and spent months in the garage with hundreds of different problems and spare parts.

My familly having owned Volkswagens and Skodas for years have never had a problem. IMHO Skodas are the best you can get with great dealer support and cars that run good without gaffer tape!

My brother had a six cylinder FORD from the early 70`s that we used to suspect started on four and then worked its way up to using all six, in Sweden if there were electrical problems it was usually a UK built and if the engine was quirky it was usually a German.

SAAB is often interpreted to mean Sälj aset annars byt (Sell the f**ker or trade)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 8:50pm

Quoted

Originally posted by thesmilingassassin
I used to have a low opinion of Fords but now that I own one thats changed. Right now they are the best managed of the three big auto companys in North America.

Remeber, FORD also stands for "First on race day".

My family has, during my lifetime, put half a dozen cars through the ringer, driving them new from the lot until the die they expire on the side of the road. Of them all, the Fords have proven least temperamental and lasted the longest.

...With the notable exception of my '95 Taurus, which suffered a simultaneous failure of the transmission, the radiator, and a cylinder.

The rest of our Fords have survived 200,000 miles +.